fury

fury – chapter thirty nine

cassie

"Sounds like your mom's here, McCall." Matt said.

"Matt, don't do this. When she comes to the door, I'll just tell her to leave. I'll tell her we didn't find anything. Please, Matt." Scott asked.

We heard the front door opening and Matt smirked. "If you don't move... Now, I'm gonna kill Cassie first, then Stiles, and then your mom." He chuckled.

Matt pointed the gun at Scott, making him and Stiles leave the office while he was still holding my arm. Scott looked at the door and Matt stopped.

"Open it."

"Please." Scott asked again.

"Open the door." Matt hissed, pointing the gun at him.

Scott sighs, moving his hand to the door knob and opening it slowly. I widened my eyes as Is saw Derek. Oh, yes.

"Oh, thank God." Scott whispered.

I widened my eyes even more as Derek's body fell right on our feet and I saw Jackson standing right where he was, with his claws out and looking at us. Matt finally let me go and Stiles quickly pushed my arm, pulling me next to him. Matt kneeled next to Derek.

"This is the one who's controlling him? This kid?" Derek hissed.

"Well, Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad werewolf." Matt said, getting up and looking at us. "Oh, yeah, that's—that's right. I've learned a few things lately." He chuckled. "Werewolves, hunters, kanimas. It's like a frickin' Halloween party every full moon. Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into?"

"Abominable snowman. But, uh, it's more of, like, a wintertime thing, you know, seasonal." Stiles replied.

Matt moved his head to the side and Jackson quickly made a cut on the back of Stiles' neck, making my brother fall right on top of Derek's body

"Hey!" I groaned and Jackson pulled his claws in front of my face, making me stop.

"You bitch." Stiles hissed and Scott pushed me, pulling me behind him.

Derek grunts. "Get him off of me."

"Oh, I don't know, Derek. I think you two make a pretty good pair." Matt laughs. "It must kinda suck, though, to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless."