"I knew that."

Monstrox walked over to a cabinet in the corner of his office; opening it and taking out a numerous amount of items. Jestro walked over as the necromancer placed them on his desk and pulled up a stool for Jestro to use.

"Everything you need to make the mirror is right here." Monstrox picked up the book and placed it on the desk for Jestro to see. "Follow the instructions and you'll probably be done in two hours tops. I'll be standing right here watching you."

Roberto rolled his eyes the other way as went back to do his own thing. Jestro scratched his head as he read over the instructions; thoroughly reading the bit at the end about casting a spell. Monstrox watched as Jestro started putting the ingredients together. But the necromancer noticed that his eyelids were getting a bit heavy. He leaned his back against a wall as he blinked a few times; mentally scowling himself for barely getting any sleep last night. The necromancer did not think there would be any harm if he just took a brief nap. With that, he did.

-------------------------------------

"I'm done!"

Monstrox awoke with a jolt as he Jestro call out into his ear. The necromancer looked at the boy with bugged out eyes; slightly unnerved by the eager grin he had on his face. Roberto was watching from his work in progress.

"I'm finished! I made the mirror! Come see!" Jestro jumped up and down as he pointed at the desk.

Monstrox grunted as he got back up from his seat on the floor. The necromancer scratched his nose as he looked down at Jestros' project. The finishing product was a small hand held mirror. The metal rim around the glass was a rather dull grey colour and the glass was not reflective. Monstrox raised his brow before looking down at Jestro.

"You did everything the page said?" He questioned; knowing the boy did not do it properly.

"Yeah." Jestro answered back.

"You mixed the black seeds with the dragon tooth shavings?"

"Yeah."

"You left the reflection stone to dry after you coated it in sea monster spit?"

"Yeah."

Monstrox looked back and forth between the project and Jestro.

"Alright. But what about the incantation?" Monstrox finally asked.

Jestro stopped smiling and looked up at the necromancer with a confused face.

"Huh?" The boy muttered.

"The spell you had to use at the end?" Monstrox clarified. "The book says you have to do it or the object won't be able to do its thing."

Jestro looked at Monstrox with his eyes going wide. Monstrox blinked as the boy looked down at the floor and started making a weird noise. Roberto stopped working and looked at the scene about to unfold.

"Why are you making that noise?" Monstrox questioned.

Jestro looked up at Monstrox. The necromancer looked at the boy as his eyebrows went up; caught off guard by the teary eyes and the sniffling noises he was making. Jestro quickly put his hood over his head.

"I'm sorry, I'll do better! I'm sorry!"

Monstrox just scratched his head in confusion. Why was the kid crying?

"What's the matter?" Monstrox asked; not really sure what to do.

"I didn't mean to fail. Please don't turn me into a newt." Jestro begged as he quietly sobbed.