The Market

Jestro watched with excitable glee at everything going on around him. Lavaria and Moltor lead him through the markets of Knighton, exposing him to an overload of the senses. Everything seemed so colourful to the eye. There were places where you could buy food, places were you could buy fabric, even places to buy paint and art supplies. If he wasn't holding Lavarias hand, Jestro would have wondered off and get lost among it all. He looked up at the sneaky woman and the tough fighter.

"What're we doing?" He asked excitedly.

"Well, I'm going to get some supplies." Lavaria answered as they stopped.

Jestro noticed that they were away from the people in the market, but he paid attention to Lavaria as she spoke to Moltor.

"Look after Jestro while I'm gone, Moltor." She ordered.

"Do I look like a babysitter?" He asked rather sarcastically.

"Just do it."

Lavaria walked off and left Jestro alone with the tough twin of Flama. Jestro looked up as Moltor picked his nose.

"Picking your nose is gross you know." The boy reminded.

"I'm not picking, kid; I'm scratching it." Moltor replied.

When Moltor was done 'scratching' his nose, he bent down to Jestros level and smiled.

"Since Lavaria let you come with us today, I think we should have a little fun." He said with a rather mischievous grin.

"I like fun!" Jestro jumped up excitedly.

"Who doesn't?"

Moltor stood back up and told Jestro to follow him. Jestro followed him towards the market and a fruit stand. Moltor made him stop in his tracks and bent down to his level again.

"You know that Lavaria is the one who brings back food for us, right?" He spoke to the boy with his arm around him.

"Yeah?" Jestro replied.

"But do you know how she gets it?"

"No."

Moltor smiled as he looked towards the fruit. He thought the person running looked a bit daft.

"Wait here and watch what I do." Moltor stood up and walked towards the stand.

Jestro watched curiously as Moltor casually made his way over to the fruit stand. Moltor looked at the range of apples, oranges, strawberries and watermelons. The elderly looking man running the stand looked up from his chair.

"May I help you, sir?" He asked.

"I don't know." Moltor put his hand to his chin. "Would you by any chance have any dragon fruit?"

"Dragon fruit?" The man repeated in question. "Let me take a look in the back.

When the man had his back turned, Moltor reached out and took a big and juicy strawberry and put it in his pocket. Jestro tilted his head to the side as he watched. The man turned back around to face Moltor.

"Sorry sir, I don't have any dragon fruit." He answered disappointedly.

"Oh, that's alright. See ya." Moltor said goodbye and walked away.

Jestro watched as Moltor smiled and snickered to himself as he walked back to Jestro.

"And that's how it's done." He took the strawberry out and took a bite out of it.

Jestro gave Moltor a confused look as he thought about what he just saw. Moltor took something that wasn't his. Moltor looked down at the boy as he took a bite of the stolen fruit.