Foundling

Lavaria ran down the street with a few bags full of supplies and food in her hands. She made a sharp turn into a corner next to an alleyway. A woman with dark skin, black long hair tied in a dreadlock, wearing a red and orange dress with two whips tied to her waist stood and leaned on the brick wall. She turned her head to see Lavaria.

"Did you get the goods, Lavaria?" She asked.

Lavaria smiled as she showed her companion the goods and food she took from the market.

"Should feed the group for a few weeks if we split it all equally." She put the bags on the ground for her companion to see.

The woman looked through the bags with a smile on her face.

"You really know how to get things, Lavy." She complimented as she picked up some bags.

"Whiparella; I just like stealing for the thrill." Lavaria answered with a grin as she picked up the rest of the bags. "Now let's get back to HQ before Monstrox thinks we've been gone for too long."

Lavaria and Whiparella were about to leave town and go back home. But a strange sound made Whiparella stop in her tracks. She looked back to the alleyway as she heard it some more.

"Do you hear that?" Whiparella asked.

"Hear what?" Lavaria asked back.

Soon, both women heard the sound. It was slightly louder now before Whiparella realised what it was. It was the sound of crying. Rather high pitched and squeaky crying. The whip wielding woman quickly followed the sound into the alleyway. Lavaria told her to wait as she ran after her. Whiparella stopped and listened for the sound. She went over to an empty bin and looked. Her eyes blinked when she saw a basket with a white sheet over it behind the bin. Lavaria stopped in the alleyway as Whiparella dropped her bags and approached the basket where the crying was coming from. Whiparella took the white sheet away and gasped when saw what was in the basket. It was a baby.

Lavaria approached as Whiparella gently picked up the crying infant from the basket and cradled it in her arms; calming it down

Lavaria approached as Whiparella gently picked up the crying infant from the basket and cradled it in her arms; calming it down. Lavaria put her bags down as she looked at the child; observing the light blue and purple blanket it was swaddled in and the short fluffy light brown hair on top of its head.

"What's a baby doing in an alleyway?!" Lavaria questioned; sounding angry.

"I don't know." Whiparella answered; finally calming the baby down and getting it to sleep. "Check the basket for a note."

Lavaria nodded and checked the basket. She found a few pieces of cloth that could be used for diapers, a bottle and a few packets of formula. She looked under the cushioning and found a small piece of paper with writing on it.

"Please take care of my son. He deserves better then what I can't provide for him." Lavaria read the note out loud.

Lavaria looked at Whiparella as she rocked and cradled the nameless baby.