Chapter One: 10 months after Hybern

All of these characters belong to the amazing Sarah J. Maas. They are her characters that she created and that I am only using for my story.

Peace. Peace is the one thing I want the most these days, but I don't, can't have it right now.

Months have passed since the war with Hybern, and while things remained the same at the town house, the world had changed.

With the wall gone there was much to discuss after the fighting had stopped. So the past few months now all of us had been trying, trying to get anything done to make sure the world doesn't fall apart again.

All of us have been trying, trying to recover after the brutal war with Hybern.

And at last we had made some progress, small but still progress. Yet there was still no peace. Not yet with so much to be done.

Still, that hope of a better world still stood. I just had to hope that it would get better, all of this.

A knock on the door jolted me out of my thoughts.

Mor's face appeared in the doorway, a relative relaxed expression on her face. I wish I could say that I've had the same one during these weeks.

"Hey, me and Az are heading out you wanna come?" she asked, her eyes bright and cheerful.

I quietly shook my head no and glanced down as she searched my face. "I'm feeling a bit tired, I think I will just go to sleep." I said, hoping that will answer the question in her eyes. "All right" she replied, looking over me again, wariness filling her gaze. The door shut as she slipped out of the doorway. I felt as she stood near the door, waiting for any sound to appear. I kept my breathing steady and waited till I heard her light footsteps walk down the hall again. 

I didn't even move until I felt her leave, and then I heaved myself onto the bed, heavy with exhaustion.

I told her that I wanted to sleep, but it was a lie.

It was a brutal and horrible lie as most of the nights that I did sleep were filled with gut-wrenching nightmares that yanked me from any comfort of closing my eyes and resting.

Right after the war I was fine, but they soon returned. But as there was nothing left for me to do, I retired to the bed and laid my face down on the pillow, willing myself to sleep.

My first mistake.

At first I was in a peaceful calm darkeness, the black around me soothing and relaxing. Then it cleared away and I saw myself in the middle of death-ridden land.

A battlefield, I realized. This was a war zone. In front of me thousands of bodies laid on the ground, but one with great, big black wings caught my eye.

I carefully walked to the body and sucked in a breath as I turned it over. All the air in my lungs left me as I recognized the face.

By the mother , I thought as I stared down at the face I've loved since I last seen it.

And there he was, my future beautiful son. His beautiful violet eyes stared into my face, his clothes dirty and torn.

I reeled away, careening into something and I fell, and hit the ground hard.

I hissed at the impact, and then sobs wracked my body at the thought of my son, here on this battlefield dead. No one near him, his death one of many who perished in war.

My chest ached and I let out a strangled cry. I opened my eyes again to a battlefield, but this time I recognized where and when it was, and then I saw him.

Rhysand laid on the ground just as before, not moving, not waking. Dead.

It was if time had replayed itself again, as every single detail was exactly as I remembered.

Sobs wracked through my body as each and every single High Lord turned away from my begs with sneers on their faces, as if to say good riddance.

I screamed at them, screamed at the dead body by my side. My mate, my beautiful mate. Gone from the world, from me.

And then someone was grabbing me by the shoulder, shaking me, telling me to wake up, to wake up -

I jolted awake to see Cassian staring down at me, his face haggard with fear and relief. He then pulled me into a hug as tears streamed down my face.

"Shit, Feyre. I heard you screaming, I though someone had attacked you" He whispered, stroking my hair.

I trembled in his arms but tried not to let any terror through the bond. Rhys didn't need that, didn't need my every nightmare disturbing his business.

I finally swallowed down my terror and said in a small voice "I'm fine, it was just a nightmare. "

He didn't look conivnced in the slightest. I took another breath and I then again spoke but with a slight sharpness to my words.

"Cassian I am fine. It was just a nightmare. You can go." The dismissal was obvious. He turned away but not before looking me over, just like Mor had. My throat tightened as he carefully went back to the sitting room and seated himself on the couch.

I laid back on the covers, pulling them up to my face.

It was the same dream every night. The places were usually different, but they all ended with someone I love dead. But tonight was the first night I saw him. He looked exactly liked he had as the Bone Carver's disguise, blue eyes and all.

Are you ok? I heard from our bond as I settled on top of the mattress.

Rhysand. Of course he would sense my terror, but I didn't respond. I didn't have it in me to respond.

So I just closed my eyes and the shield around my head. I watched the stars outside the window twinkle, and let the cool darkness slow my racing heart. I finally then fell into a blissful sleep. A welcomed interruption between the nights of nightmares.

Hi guys, thank you so much for even thinking of reading my very first fanfiction. I'm still wondering about what to do for the other parts so any suggestions will be helpful.