Chapter 53

"Sophia?" I ask in disbelief.

My mind must be playing tricks on me again. First seeing my mum, now Sophia. This must be another dream.

I shut my eyes tight and fist my hair in my hands.

"Wake up." I mutter to myself and I feel her move closer.

"Harry... Are you crying?"

I open my eyes and quickly meet hers. Honest and green. Innocent.

I touch her cheek and feel her skin under my palm and finally come to my senses.

"You're really here..." I say and she nods and crouches down onto her knees.

Her hands find my shoulders and she just watches me.

I attempt to mask my emotions. My hands work to wipe away the tears and I prop myself up a little, leaning back onto the headstone.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in a flat tone and she slumps back and crosses her legs over one another in the grass.

"I came back. I needed somewhere to go and... Well here you are." She mumbles and places a long strand of hair behind her ear.

"You came to my mum's grave?" I scrunch my eyebrows together and she nods again.

"It's quiet.. It's beautiful."

"This is my place." I say in an angrier tone then what I had aimed for.

I don't mean to snap at Sophia. But it does anger me a bit that she hasn't been answering my calls or texts. And why wouldn't she tell me she was back?

Because you aren't together, my subconscious reminds me and I feel the liquor in my system ignite a drunken fire in my bones. Anger pumps through me.

I stand and Sophia furrows her brows and stands too, placing her hands into the pockets of her blue jeans.

"Harry, I know this is your place. But I don't understand why I can't come here-"

"Of course you don't understand." I mutter and angry tears prick at the corners of my eyes.

"You didn't know my mum. You have no right to be here."

She looks hurt and her mouth parts but I continue.

"You leave me. You leave me for two fucking weeks. Then come to my one place of peace like it's your own. You have no fucking right." I spit.

My hands are clenched into fists at my sides. Her eyes grow glossy and she steps towards me but I back away.

"Harry, I'm sorry about what happened between us. But you kept something from me. Something important."

"I changed. I did that job for you. For us." I shake my head and wipe away the small line of mucus that has been dripping down my nose.

"I believe you now." She says and walks closer again.

I stay in place this time.

"I believe you now and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Harry."

I let the angry tears fall down my cheeks and she bites her lip.

"Why did you come here anyway? Why did you come back?"

She closes her eyes and a stifled cry escapes her lips.

When she looks back up at me I already know the reason and wrap her in my arms without a second thought.

She grips onto the fabric of my t-shirt and let's her tears seep into it.