Chapter 25

I put on Harry's shirt and my own panties for bed and Harry slides on a pair of long pajama pants and flicks his hair off his forehead. I love it when it's wet. It's almost a black color and it feels soft to the touch.

"Tired?" I sigh and he nods, getting into bed and pulling back the sheet for me.

"I can't even think right now. Not after what happened to you tonight."

"What almost happened tonight.." I correct him.

"No Sophia. He hit you. He fucking-"

I silence him with a kiss and he pulls away and frowns.

"If I ever see that prick again I'll fucking kill him." he murmurs and I groan.

No mater how mad he is, I just want to go to sleep. Frankly I'm exhausted and thinking about how the boy touched me and spoke to me makes me sick to my stomach. Harry lays back and I rest my head onto his warm chest as his heartbeat begins to grow slower. He seems to calm whenever I'm around and I almost smile at the thought.

"You should have listened to me," he mumbles, "If you had just stayed here none of this would have happened."

"No if you hadn't thrown the party none of this would have happened Harry." I scoff and he shifts in his place, making me roll to my side away from him.

"You can't make me change my entire life to fit yours. I don't ever do anything like this. You fucking knew that from the start Sophia."

I shut my eyes and he turns off the lights. How can he be complaining when I was the one who almost got raped tonight? Yes, I am grateful he saved me, but bringing up our relationship is making me feel on edge. It feels like he doesn't even want to be in one..

"Then why did you agree to dating me.." I huff.

"Sophia. You know why."

I flip over to find him laying on his side facing me, our foreheads only inches apart.

"Well explain it to me again."

He closes his eyes tight and I know he's willing himself with all his might to open up to me.

"Because from the second I saw you, I knew I had to have you.. and I love you. No one else makes me feel this way and I've only known you for 4 fucking weeks," he mumbles, "That's not even a month."

I gulp back the lump growing in the back of my throat and my glossy eyes meet his. Hearing him say he loves me is the most beautiful sound.

"I love you too." I admit and he sighs a little as I place my hand to his cheek.

Whenever I repeat his words he always seems to become lighter and sigh as if I just took a weight off his shoulders. It's like he's expecting me to judge him or just tell him I don't feel the same way. But of course I feel the same way. I think I've wanted him all along but was too frightened to admit it. He always seemed like such a jerk and so guarded, but when the real him comes through he's the most wonderful and breathtaking man I've ever met. He's like a puzzle I never want to stop putting together. I know that's how things will always be with Harry. A puzzle. A mystery. And I have been playing for the last few weeks. Finding his past and him.. well. He doesn't quite know mine yet. I don't even think he knows I have parents. But I find it a calming thought. I don't easily open up and he may not know that but until he starts questioning me I plan to keep it that way.

"I'm sorry," he mutters, bringing me out of my thoughts, " I just feel like this is all my fault."

His eyes look away from me but I turn his chin.