Chapter 43

Sophia's P.O.V.

"So Harry, what is it that brought you to Maine?" My mother gleams with a glass of white wine in her hand.

She had managed to drag, Harry, John, and I, all down to one of her favorite restaurants on the shore called "Coast". It's pretty fancy but nothing her middle class salary couldn't afford. John seems a little weary of Harry, but then again Harry seems to feel likewise.

"Your daughter really." he smiles and licks his bottom lip and she grins.

"Well you must know why Sophia came don't you?"

"Mother.." I hiss and Harry gives me a comforting hand to the knee.

"Yes. I do." he states bluntly with somewhat narrowed eyes.

"Alright then.." John clears his throat.

My Mother puts on her best fake smile and I can feel the tension slowly rising between her and Harry. And me.. God I hate family meals. Especially now that Harry is here.

"I.. I'm going to go to the bathroom.." I whisper and push out my chair.

Harry gives me a look that pleads me not to leave him behind. I take his hand and he seems to be a bit more relieved.

"We'll be right back." I say, though in all honesty I hope just the opposite occurs.

As soon as we're out of earshot Harry pulls me against one of the hall walls. Each of his hands connect with the wall and he barricades me, hot breath fanning over my cheeks.

"You alright?" he asks.

"No, I hate her remember?"

"How could I forget." he smirks.

I look past his shoulder to see the entrance to the patio seating that, with a small set of steps, leads right onto the beach.

"Can we get out of here?" I half beg with hopeful eyes and Harry's brows instantly furrow.

"Where will we go?"

"The beach." I smile, and gesture behind him.

He turns and then quickly looks back at me before biting his lip. He lifts me onto his back and I squeal and quickly cover my mouth. He next walks us to the patio door, ducking when we're in view of my Mother.

When we're finally outside the cool Maine air hits me and I bury my face into Harry's back and giggle.

"Haven't been to the beach in ages," He remarks as we finally make it onto the sand.

He plops me down onto my feet and I skip ahead of him, feeling like a giddy child.

"Come get me," I grin playfully and he rolls his eyes.

"I think you may have bipolar disorder." he scoffs and I cross my arms.

"Let's not get started on who has more mood swings because you'd surely win." I laugh and he shrugs and walks closer to me.

"Fair enough."

His forehead presses against mine and as soon as his hands meet my waist a small fire ignites in my stomach. The sun is setting in pink and purple colored clouds over our heads.

Without warning Harry's lips are on mine and I immediately bury my hands into his thick hair. It's a little sticky since he had put some hairspray in it tonight. I'd never seen him dress so nice before. He's wearing black skinny jeans, as usual, but then it is accompanied by a black blazer and white button up shirt. Clothing I had never seen before. But I have to admit, he looks incredibly perfect. As usual.