Chapter 6

My alarm goes off with an obnoxious shriek and I sit up and rub my eyes. Sunlight streams in from the window over my bed and I stand up and walk to my closet. I pull out a pair of skinny blue jeans with a hole in one of the knees and a tank top with a light navy blue cardigan to wear over the top. Finally I put on my scruffed up black vans, but hey, they're my favorite pair.

After getting dressed I walk into the bathroom and let my hair fall down my back before plugging in my curling wand. I lightly curl the ends of my hair and place small bits over each shoulder.

Since it's my first day I decide on wearing my usual light makeup of mascara and ChapStick.

Finally I grab my black bag and schedule and head out of the dorm.

On the way down the hall I realize I'm one of the only students awake since it's only 6:30, but I don't really mind, it's beautiful outside and the flowers gleam with the morning dew. I take a deep breath and walk down the winding sidewalks on campus, searching for room 72, which should be in the direction opposite my dorm. That's when I realize I'm totally lost.

I grab my school map and look around for someone who might be able to help me but I don't seem to find anyone. I keep walking down the sidewalk and I check my phone, the time reading about 10 till 7.

I take and deep breath and suddenly I spot a boy at a bench.

His hair is blonde and ruffled. He has a novel in one hand and an apple in the other and he's wearing long khaki pants with a white polo shirt. Yet again another attractive male.

I honestly have no other options. I either approach him or try to find my way across the monstrous Manchester campus on my own. I chose option 1.

"Hey," I say walking up to his bench to stand in front of him.

He looks up from his book slowly and I'm completely entranced by his looks, "Morning." he says in his breathtaking accent.

"I was wondering if you could show me how to get to room 72? French?" I ask.

"Uh yeah of course," He says, placing his copy of 'Of Mice and Men' into his backpack.

He brings one of the back pack straps over his shoulder and bites into his apple.

"I'll show you how to get there, can I see your schedule?" he asks with a small grin.

I can't help it but I smile back, handing him my folded paper from my bag.

He's really cute and seems so sweet and I find it hard to keep from staring at him.

"Ah, we have Literature together." He smiles, handing me back my schedule.

"That's a relief, I was afraid I wouldn't know anyone." I grin and he looks down at me.

Wow his eyes are gorgeous.

"I'm David Brookes." He says as we approach building 72.

"I'm Sophia Dover." I reply and he shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you. You're American?" He says.

Here we go again.

"Yep." I laugh lightly and he nods.

"Well, Sophia, I shall see you in literature." He says before placing one of his hands into his pocket as he walks off.

"Bye." I call after him.

I'm glad he didn't want to get in depth about my American life, in all honesty it's pretty boring but to everyone here its like I'm a whole different species.

I look down at my watch and realize its 7:20 so I decide on walking into class and getting my seat.

The large class room is empty so I take a seat in the second row on the far left desk closest to the window. I always loved the window seat, seeing the world outside always inspired me to keep going in class, and England is absolutely breathtaking so far.

Suddenly the classroom door opens and I check my phone. It's only 7:21, class doesn't start for about 10 minutes. Maybe it's the professor?

A boy emerges. The boy.

Harry.

He fixes his hair off his forehead and looks right at me, his brows furrowing.

Why does he always give me that damn look?

He walks a little further into the classroom and I remain silent, pulling one of my favorite novels out of my backpack, 'Water For Elephants.'

His boots make small "clacks" against the tiles and his eyes never leave me. Although I'm not looking back at him I can feel them burning into my skin and my cheeks flush.

He's in all black again which makes my stomach churn and the way the tight fabric holds his skin makes me flush even more.

He walks up into the second row and finally takes a seat next to me, sighing as he slides into his chair.

He didn't bring a bag and he places his huge hands onto the desk and intertwines his fingers, twiddling his thumbs back and forth.

I look up from my book and tilt my head slightly to look at him. His dark green eyes are focused on the board and now that he's next to me I can see his many tattoos at a closer view. Just as my eyes land on a pair of shaking hands I feel his head turn and his gaze locks on me.

I turn away quick and my cheeks flush again.

"Why are here so early?" I ask him.

His brows finally unfurrow and it puts me a bit more at ease.

"I could ask you the same thing, Sophia."

The way my name sounds coming off his lips is indescribable and I just want to hear it again and again.

"It's my first day, now what's your excuse?" I say.

I know i'm being a tad sassy with him, but if he's trouble he needs to know i'm not having it.

"I like mornings." he says and his answer surprises me.

Just as he answers the bell rings and students one by one begin flooding into the classroom.

As soon as the class fills, our Professor walks in and takes a seat.

He's a short and fat man names Professor Michaelis.

The professor passes out his syllabus to the rows and Harry hands me mine and our hands brush and I can't help but turn a red.

Professor Michaelis next tells us that we will be learning how to speak French and learn about the culture of France this semester.

Learning a new language sounds really cool and I find myself a bit excited for this class.

Finally the bell rings to dismiss us and I stand up making my way to the door. Harry brushes past me and walks out to the small parking lot on the side of the building, getting into his car.

It's an all black 69' Camaro. An American car. He puts on a pair of Ray-Bans before driving off.

I stand there with my mouth agape and then finally come to my senses when David approaches me.

"Ready for Literature?" he grins.

I can already tell we're going to be good friends.

"Uh.. yeah." I say snapping out of my daze.

For some reason I'm offended Harry didn't say goodbye to me, why am I offended I mean I don't even know him?

I roll my eyes at myself and David raises his eyebrows.

"You alright?" he asks.

"Yeah.. Yeah of course i'm fine." I shake my head with a smirk and we begin walking to class.