Chapter 50

Harry's P.O.V.

"Harry come on already we're going to be late for the movie," Sophia called from the bottom of the stairwell.

I grabbed my coat and trotted down the steps. She was smiling up at me. Her pearly white teeth glinting under the hall light.

She was so beautiful without even trying. I grabbed her hand and pulled her waist against mine, kissing the top of her head.

"Let's go." I mumbled and she handed me my keys before opening the front door.

The wind was cold and snow was beginning to fall. We weren't at my flat, or in Maine. We were in an old worn out neighborhood. It looked so familiar and I could feel deep down that I had been here before.

"Can I drive?" She asked with a cute puppy dog pout and I sighed and handed her my keys.

"I'm driving back then." I replied and she smiled her gorgeous smile again.

"Deal."

I got into the passenger side of the vehicle and she turned on the ignition.

Her coat looked so familiar. It was so odd but it's almost like I had seen it before. She turned on the radio and soft classical music began to fill the car.

No.

That's when I began to realize the old neighborhood was my childhood flat in Cheshire.

Sophia pulled onto the street and drove down the road.

"I've always wanted to meet that friend of yours, Rich..." She whispered and grabbed my hand, running small circles over my palm with her thumb.

No. This couldn't be happening. Not to her.

"No," I went to say but my words didn't come out.

She looked over her shoulder at me as we pulled in front of the intersection.

Time began to get slower, like someone had placed it into slow motion. I watched as a truck came plummeting down the road.. My eyes caught a glimpse of the driver.

It was Stan.

My heart was racing and I went to place myself in front of Sophia when her eyes suddenly widened and she covered me instead.

I thrashed about but my body wouldn't budge. My eyes were bulging and my heart was in my throat.

"Sophia no!" I shouted just as the car collided with us. Crushing her tiny body in an instant.

"Sophia!" I chocked again.

My vision began to go black. My body shaking.

No.

"Sir? Sir are you alright?" A voice speaks over me and my eyes fly open.

Standing over me is a concerned nurse. Her grey hair is in a bun on her head and her eyes are squinted. I'm on the floor in the hospital waiting room surrounded by knocked over chairs and thrown magazines. My blood covered shirt is drenched in sweat and my breathing is coming out in short uneven bursts as I look about. My hands grip at the floor, searching for Sophia. I need to see her. Where is she?

"Sir are you alright?" The nurse repeats, placing her palm on my shoulder and I flinch back, dragging my hands through my hair as my breathing returns to normal.

"Where's Sophia?" I ask and she furrows her brows.

"Are you looking for a patient?" She cocks an eyebrow and I look around some more.