Chapter 3

"The bad news is—she has to stay here for a week or so to gain her blood supply again." the doctor said.

"Oh, okay." I sighed.

"Is mommy okay?" Shor asked, his big hazel eyes full of curiosity.

"Yes, baby. Mommy is alright." I smiled.

He nodded and smiled, opening his arms, asking for an embrace.

I hugged him and pressed his little body against mine. He is so innocent and little. He was just the sweetest boys I have ever seen.

"So, is she okay?" Rydel asked me.

"Yeah, she's fine." I explained.

Shor got out of my arms and kissed the top of my nose. Then, he sccuried off to Ryder and Juliet.

"You sure she's okay?" Delly asked, unsure.

"Yeah, she just needs to stay here for a week or so to gain her blood supply back." I smiled.

"Good." Delly smiled, hugging me and giving a little squeeze before letting go.

"Do you want to stay or do you want to stay here with the kids or..." she asked.

"Um, I'll stay here with the kids. You can go with Ell if you want." I smirked.

She hugged me before running off and waving.,

I looked at Ryder, Juliet, and Shor. They were wrestling as usual. Rhylee and R.J were asleep in their carriages and Rebecca was sitting there, doing nothing of a sort.

I went to Rebecca and rubbed her back, knowing she wa sad about something.

"What's wrong Becca?" I asked.

"Daddy, Mommy was stabbed. By Laura, the darkest person I have ever met." she explained, looking blankly at the wall.

"Baby, but shes fine." I explained.

"That's all that matters." she said, turning her head around to face me.

I kissed the to of her head and laid it on my chest. I stroked her blonde hair lightly. She eventually fell asleep in my arms...