30. Masquerade!!!!

I looked up from my breakfast as Jodi squealed. "Oh my god I can't believe that the ball is tonight!". I sighed and looked over at Ella. Her eyes sparkled as she watched her mother dance around the kitchen, telling stories about her school ball. "And then we kissed", Jodi says, pretending to faint. "Ew are Kazu and (Y/n) going to kiss?", Ella asks. I blush and Kakuzu pretends not to hear her. Jodi catches my gaze and wiggles her eyebrows. I look down into my bowl of cereal and try to suppress my laughter. "Aw what's wrong (Y/n)?", Jodi teases. This time I spit the contents of my mouth back in my bowl and lean back in my chair letting my laughter out. I could feel the milk dripping from my chin. Kakuzu gags when he looks in my bowl, making me laugh even harder. Suddenly I had a towel thrown at my face. I used it to wipe off the milk and Kakuzu pulled me up. "Come on, lets go". I look back at Ella and wink before disappearing out the door.

I sit in the car with Kakuzu, it was oddly quiet. "Hey are you OK?", I ask. He nods and avoids eye contact. Suddenly he cracks up laughing. "What's so funny?", I ask. "You have cereal in your hair", he chuckles. I frown at him. "Why didn't you tell me before?". "I dunno, just thought it was funny", he smirks. "Well can you get it out?". He nods and fulls several pieces of cereal from my hair, then chucks them out the window. "All better?". "All better", I giggle.

We pull up at school and the first thing we hear is. "Oh my god are you ready for the ball tonight?". It was a big thing, I mean BIG. Konan's excited squeals could be heard all the way from the other side of the school. Konan ran and tackled me in a hug. "Are you excited?!", she yells. "Yeah I will be when I find out I'm deaf and no longer have to listen to your fangirling", I giggle. She rolls her eyes and then helps me up. We walk over to the boys. "Guess what (Y/n)-chan!", Tobi squeals. "Uh what?". "Tobi is going to the ball with his girlfriend Rin". "Cute, are you gonna kiss her?", I tease. He blushes behind his mask and fidgets with his hands. "I'll take that as a yes, let me know the gender of the baby", I wink. Tobi gets a nose bleed and runs away.

The bell rings and we all head to class. Fortunately we have music first, the savior of humanity! "Is your band going to be in the battle of the bands?", Tayuya asks me. "Uh yeah we are and its not my band, its Pein's". "Would it be OK if I came and watched, you know to support?". "Yeah sure, it would be great to see you in the crowd", I say giving her a closed eye smile. She blushes and thanks me. "All right everyone, today we are going to be holding a concert for Konaha Elementary (A/n: We call Elementary, Primary in Nz). "Isn't that Ella's school?", I ask. Kakuzu nods and sweat drops. "You will be playing the songs you wrote for our competition so there is no need to panic". "When do we go there?", Kisame asks. "Uh right now so get your asses outside, we are walking!", she exclaims. We all sigh and make our way outside, then follow behind Miss Yuhi to Konaha Elementary.

We sat backstage and waited for our audience to settle down. "Alright everyone settle down, I would like to invite Miss Yuhi of Konaha high to the stage", exclaims the principal. I cringed when I saw him. Apparently his name was Jiraya, a very perverted man who lets his eyes (and sometimes hands) wander. He handed the microphone to Miss Yuhi and she addressed the students. "Hello everyone, I am very happy to present the musical talent of Konaha high, so first please welcome 'Two random secondary characters'!!".

The order was the same as it was when we performed for school, that meant that Kisame and I were going to go last again. "Now please welcome our last pair, (Y/n) and Kisame!". The audience clapped and Kisame and I walked out onto the stage. I saw Ella sitting in the crowd waving at me so I sent her a playful wink. I sat down on a stool next to Kisame and adjusted my microphone. "Hi I'm (Y/n) and this is Kisame and we are going to play a song we wrote called 'Birds'.

We finally finished and the students applauded our work. Then the bell went and all of the students were let go to go to lunch. I sat on the edge of the stage with my guitar resting in my lap daydreaming when a kid walked up to me. "Your music is shit", he says. I sent him a glare. "Its for pussies, you have no talent", he smirks. "I'd like to see you do better, you little shit". Soon another boy and a girl walk up and try to stop the boy. "Konahamaru come on lets go", the girl begs, trying to pull him away. "Moegi just go away I'm trying to do something", he barked. The girl grabbed the other boys arm and dragged him out of the hall. "What are you staring at?!", the kid barked at me. "I dunno a little kid". "I'm not a kid you talent-less asshole". "Bitch I'm gonna show you talent right fucking now so you better listen up". He smirks and watches as I adjust the guitar and begin paying a really fast and intensely hard song.