Chapter 24

A/N: well you guys voted! So here's the result :D enjoy! also keep watch, after this one is done I'm most likely gonna start another TeacherxStudent story :P I have an idea in my mind so I'll most likely put it on here! Thanks for all the support everybody!

---------

Whitney's POV

I sped to the hospital, going well over the legal speed limit. I didn't care if I it pulled over. She was at the hospital and I was damn well going to see her! When I got to the hospital I ran into the hospital asking where Zoe was.

"She's up in the ICU in room 307. Are you family?"

"I'm her girlfriend," I said running down the hall to the elevator.

When I got up to her room I saw a young girl of about 17 or 18 in a chair right next to the bed. A didn't walk right in at first. Who was this girl? Did Zoe have a sister I didn't know about? A doctor brushed past me and into the the room.

"Miss," he said to the girl.

"Yes?"

"What's your relation to the patient?"

"She's my coach. She saved my life today in the shooting..."

He smiled, "Well your coach is going to be fine."

The girl had repositioned herself and I could see her holding Zoe's hand. A burst of jealousy ran through me. Who was this girl to be holding my girlfriend's hand? I walked in with my arms folded just as the doctor was about to continue. He gave me a weird look.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Zoe. How is she doing?"

"What's your relation to the patient?"

"I'm her girlfriend."

I saw the girl stiffen, keeping her back to me. The doctor looked surprised and then shook his head.

"Zoe is going to be fine. It's going to take her a awhile to fully recover. But all the same she'll be fine. We had to get her into surgery to get the bullet out but it went smoothly and the bleeding has stopped from her wounds. We'll need to keep her here for a couple days to watch her and make sure she stays stable."

I stood beside Zoe's bed looking down at her, tears welling up in my eyes. She had the oxygen tube in her nose and she will had blood on her.

"Thank you doctor," I said softly.

He nodded and took his leave. The girl was staring at the floor. From what I could see of her she was a very beautiful girl.

"And you are," I asked.

She finally looked up.

"I'm Natalie, Coach Kelsey saved my life today... She took a bullet for me..."

I blinked, lost in thought; this girl obviously was being protective of Zoe. But she didn't get the Zoe wasn't hers to protect.

"You can leave now. She's got me," I said softly.

Her eyes lit up.

"Why do I have I leave? I have just as much right to be in here as you!"

"I'm her girlfriend, you're not! You're just her student and player!"

"If I'm just a student to her then why did she kiss me this morning?"

I looked at her shocked.

"Please leave," I said sharply.

She got up and stormed from the room. This girl obviously wasn't going to leave easy...

------------

Zoe's POV

I could hear a beeping sound... It was getting annoying... I opened my eyes to find a dimly lit room. There was a TV on in the corner of the room and I felt something on my left arm. I looked down to see a blond head lying on the hospital bed beside me. I smiled when I realized just whose blond head was lying beside me.

I gently brushed her hair out of her face with my right hand. Her eyes fluttered open and when she saw me smiling at her she grinned and tears ran down her cheeks.

"Oh my god, Zoe! Thank god!"

Her lips were on mine, I could taste the saltiness of her tears on her soft lips. She hugged me as best as she could without hurting me.

"God I love you," she whispered, still crying.

"I love you too, Whit," I said with a hoarse voice.

She sat back down in the chair next to me, looking me in the eye.

"You're an amazing woman. You risked your life today for your students..."

I smiled at her.

"I did what I thought you would do."

She laughed and kissed me again. I wanted to feel her next to me... I scooted over a little bit and patted the bed.

"Please come lay by me. I want to feel you beside me..."

She laid down by me and she just held me.

"God I thought I'd lost you..." Whitney whispered, kissing me gently.

"I love you so god damn much," she whispered as I fell back into unconsciousness, the pain medication knocking me back out.

----------

A/N: Well there you go folks! :) you voted so I wrote :) the next update will be up soon! Thanks again!