Chapter 7

Author's note: thanks for all the comments and reads :D enjoy this chapter ;) Warning: this chapter has quite a bit of swearing. Sorry about it being kinda short :(

--------

Zoe's POV

I walked in the front door grinning ear to ear and still breathing a little hard. I jumped about a foot in the air when someone cleared their throat in the living room just to the left of the front door.

"Where the hell have you been," my mother asked looking ready to kill someone.

"I had a softball game," I said, my smile dying.

Her frown deepened.

"And why didn't you tell me about it?"

My jaw dropped and I stared at her.

"I did tell you! I gave you a god damn schedule!" I yelled.

"I never got a fucking schedule Zoe!"

I felt tears building in my eyes.

"I gave you two of them you're just to busy fucking your boyfriend to come support your daughter!"

Her face turned red and I knew instantly that I struck a nerve.

"I work my ass off everyday so that you can have a future! So you can go to college!"

"Oh bullshit! I work my ass off everyday to earn a scholarship so I don't have to be like your lazy ass!"

I lost my temper, the tears now gone and no longer threatening to fall. I never cried in front of anyone.

"I don't appreciate you insulting me like this young lady!"

Just as I was about to snap back at her, her eyes trailed down to my pants. I felt my blood turn to ice, I had forgotten to do up my softball pants when I got out of Whitney's car. Her eyes came back to mine and the look in them actually scared me.

"Why the hell are your pants undone?"

The cold tone in her voice sent chills up and down my spine. I felt my face grow hot and I had to force myself to answer evenly.

"They're too tight, I had I undo them-"

"Riiiiight," she said rolling her eyes at me.

I frowned, my anger starting to return.

"At least I'm not a whore like you," I snapped turning to go upstairs to my room.

I smacked into something hard and I blinked in confusion. Then I stiffened when I realized that something was Tyson. He was at least 5 inches taller than me and had muscle that he obviously didn't mind showing off. I stood my ground not flinching under his gaze.

"You know if I had ever talked to my mother that way my father would have beat me senseless," he said coldly.

"Good thing I'm not you," I said trying to go around him.

He grabbed my arm, stopping me from going past him.

"One more insult to your mother and you'll be punished, am I clear?"

There was that look again, that predatory gleam. His blue eyes were ice cold. I yanked my arm out of his grasp.

"Whatever," I mumbled.

Suddenly I was slammed into the wall. His hands were on my shoulders and his face was just inches from mine.

"Don't ever talk to me like that again."