Chapter 12

A/N: okay I'm really sorry this is so short I just felt like it was a good place to stop. :) sorry if it's too short for your liking :P but enjoy it all the same!

Zoe's POV

Jaquelynn slowly got closer to me. I backed up until I was against the sink. Her getting this close to me brought back memories I'd much rather forget. She got close to me, closer than I wanted her to be.

"Still the Varsity catcher I see," she asked smirking.

I just gave her a dirty look. But I was completely taken aback when her lips took mine.i shoved her away as hard as I could and I stared at her as if her head had fallen off.

"Oh come on now Zoe, don't tell me you didn't miss me," Jaquelynn said cockily.

"Fuck off Jaquelynn!" I snapped.

She just tilted her head to the side.

"You've definitely grown up since your sophomore year."

I frowned, wishing looks could kill.

"Go fuck yourself!"

I tried to get past her but she grabbed my arm, freezing me. No, no no no! How the hell could her touch still do this me after two years?! I slapped her hand away.

"Zoe, I can see that look in your eyes. You still want me just as badly as you did two years ago."

I ran from the bathroom and straight to the dugout. The game was ready to start... Whitney gave me a worried look and I just looked at the ground. I was going to tell her.... It was the only way I could get over it, but right before a game was not a good time.

By the 3rd inning we were up by one. I got up to hit and Jaquelynn came to stand outside her dugout. She kneeled down and called a pitch to the catcher, who in turn gave it to the pitcher. The pitcher smiled and nodded. The pitch came across but it was low and I knew I shouldn't have swung.

Damn her! Jaquelynn knew that pitch got me every time! That was enough to get in my head... I was screwed after that. I swung at two pitches I shouldn't have and as I walked into the dugout I looked at the ground and shook my head.

"Zoe, come here."

I followed Whitney's voice. I looked her in the eye.

"Look, I know this girl knows you really well, but you're not the same player you were two years ago. You're a better player than you were then! Get out of your head!"

"I'm trying Coach. I just can't focus!"

She leaned in close, "Here's something to help you focus... Think about that night you spent in my arms..."

--------

Whitney's POV

It was odd. As soon as I said that, she had transformed back into her old self. Her next at bat she hit a triple and not a single ball got last her at catcher. When I glanced over at Jaquelynn in the other dugout I could tell she was getting pissed, which I my made me smile.

By the 7th inning we were tied. Zoe was up to bat and I gave her the hit away sign. I had faith in her, I knew she could get the two runners in. She just needed to have that faith in herself... I held my breath unintentionally when the ball was released by the pitcher. Zoe's swing was perfect and the ball flew out over the fence.

The whole team erupted in cheers and they all surrounded their teammate at home plate. I couldn't help but smile at the huge grin on Zoe's young face. The look on Jaquelynn's face made it that much better.

We won 11-8. We could celebrate that, but Zoe was still keeping something from me and I just wanted her to open up to me and trust me enough to tell me....

------

Zoe's POV

We were giving the other team high fives and saying good game. When it to Jaquelynn she gave me a high five and smacked my ass. It started me but I acted as if nothing had happened.

We got back to the school and after the bus and all the other players left, I go in Whitney's car. She was quiet obviously waiting for me to speak first.

"She was my first love," I muttered.

Whitney glanced over at me.

"She broke my heart..."

Whitney's hand rested on my thigh.

"I'll never break your heart like that Zoe, I swear to God," she said lovingly.

My heart melted and I looked over at her. This woman was all I ever wanted and more. She cared.... unlike Jaquelynn. We pulled into my.... wait no.... we had pulled into Whitney's driveway, not mine.

"I figured you need a night away from everything," she said softly.

I followed her inside and as soon as the door closed she was on me. Our lips worked together perfectly. Her hands trailed slowly and comfortingly over my body. Before I really saw it coming we were upstairs in her bed, naked.

She kissed me like she meant it. She touched me like she would never let me go and she made me feel like I was in heaven. I returned the passion.... I pushed her onto her back and straddled her. My tongue was practically down her throat and she moaned as my fingers pleasures her core.

After hours of rolling around together between the sheets we just laid there, in the comfort of each other's arms. I never wanted her to let me go.... I looked straight into her hazel eyes.

"I love you," I whispered.

I had obviously caught her off guard.... Bit she quickly smiled and kissed me even more passionately than before.

"I love you too, Zoe...."