Chapter 11

A/N: Wow guys! I can't say thank you enough for all the reads and votes!
Things heat up a little in this chapter ;) enjoy! don't forget to vote and comment!

-------

Zoe's POV

I left my class and got changed into my uniform. My heart started pounding every time I thought about 'her'. I knew full well I'd see her today whether I wanted to or not... Whitney would be there and I prayed that'd be enough. I got on the bus and went straight to the back. I put my earbuds in and blasted the music. No Hands by Waka Flaka Flame blared in my ears. I needed music that would get me pumped up.

About an hour later we were in the parking lot of Roosevelt High, I could see their team out on the field getting the chalk lines down and prepping the rest of the field. Maybe I'd be lucky and she wouldn't be here. We got equipment out to the field and when we took our warmup lap around half the field I breathed a sigh of relief when I didn't see her. I went with Haylee and the backup pitcher and catcher to get warmed up.

Whitney was over with the other coaches getting the lineup ready. When they finished she came over and stood by the pitchers watching them behind her aviators, with her hands in her pockets. Haylee threw a beautiful change up and Whitney smiled and nodded in approval. I smiled at my coach's smile, her smile was perfect...

That was when I heard 'her'...

"Ladies! Start hitting, then get ready to take pop flies and grounders!"

I looked over at the other dugout and I saw 'her'. As if she felt me watching, she turned to look in my direction. Just as her eyes were about to meet mine, there was a hard thunk against the side if my catcher's helmet, sending me backwards onto my side in the dirt.

---------

Whitney's POV

I was watching the pitchers and catchers warmup. I was happy to see both pairs performing well. I watched Haylee send a rise ball down to Zoe but for some damn reason Zoe was looking at the other team's dugout and the ball whacked her helmet, throwing her back into the dirt.

I ran over to her and helped her sit up. Her eyes were glazed over, as if her thoughts were somewhere else.

"Zoe, are you okay," I asked, pulling the catcher's mask off.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said it as if she weren't all there.

I frowned.

"Alright, Haylee, Lexie, Kelly, you three go hit."

The two pitchers and catcher listened to me and ran over onto the grass to start hitting. I helped Zoe to her feet and I whispered in her ear.

"Get your head in the game, Zoe. We need you today."

She nodded, then took her gear off and headed over to hit. I watched with folded arms. Now I was worried, what the hell had gotten into that girl...

"Your catcher okay?"

I looked to left and I was surprised to see Jaquelynn Taylor walking towards me.

---------------

Zoe's POV

As I was hitting I looked over at Whitney and I nearly fell over... What the hell was Whitney doing talking to 'her'?!

------------
Whitney's POV

"Yeah, she fine."

Jaquelynn looked over at Zoe. Her smile seemed predatory, yet serene.

"You, know, I remember Zoe her freshman year. I was a junior her first year. She earned a starting Varsity spot as my catcher. That girl never let me down once."

I smiled in Zoe's direction. She hadn't let me down either.

"Her and I got close, you know the while pitcher and catcher relationship thing."

I looked back at Coach Taylor with a raised eyebrow. The way she said that it seemed as if their relationship had been a lot more than just pitcher and catcher. Jaquelynn smiled at me and then walked back to her own team's dugout.

"Coach Warner?"

I turned to find Zoe in front of me.

"What's up Kelsey," I asked, using her last name.

"Can I run to the bathroom real quick?"

"Go ahead, but make it quick."

---------

Zoe's POV

When I made it into the bathroom I splashed water on my face to try an clear my thoughts. The bathroom door opened and when I glanced up my breathing stopped and I just stared back at 'her'.

There she stood with her arms folded and her back against the wall. A smirk touched her lips.

"Long time no see Zoe," she said.

I wasn't prepared for this.....There 'she' stood in all 'her' glory......

Jaquelynn Taylor.