Chapter 16

*Warning: Scenes of abuse/rape are featured in this chapter. If this could upset you please use caution moving forward or skip all together*
----------

Whitney's POV

I stared at the picture at a complete loss for words. How the hell did he find out?! I shot my hard gaze to his.

"What the fuck is this?! Do you have me followed?!"

"I have to make sure you're not parading around ruining the reputation of this family."

"The reputation of this family?! Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"Your mother and I told you we didn't want you involved with women that way! I mean for Christ sakes Whitney! A student!? Really?!"

"Go fuck yourself," I stood up and headed to the door.

"Stop right there!"

I didn't listen. I just kept walking, my anger flaring.

"Dammit Whitney! Stop right this instant or I'll have the girl killed!"

I stopped, the blood in my veins turning to ice. I turned to face him; it took everything I had in me to not beat the shit out of him for threatening Zoe like that.

"You are to end whatever relationship you have with that girl. It can be nothing more than student and teacher, and player and coach, is that clear?"

After a moments hesitation I nodded, unsure of what else I could do...

----------

Zoe's POV

I went into Whitney's classroom and found her at her desk. She had her hair pulled back in a bun and she was biting her lip as she graded papers. I sat on her desk in front of her and smiled down at her, she smiled back at me but the smile didn't reach her lips. I leaned down and took her lips with mine.

She kissed back gently with a hand resting on my shoulder and the other on my neck. As I tried to deepen the kiss she reeled back as if slapped. I looked at her, hurt. She wouldn't look at me.

"Whit," I said softly.

She still refused to look.

"Whitney, why won't you talk to me," I said, tears starting to well up in my eyes.

"Z-Zoe I'm so sorry," she said tears running down her cheeks.

"What is it Whitney," I ask, the fear building.

"My father found out about us.... He told me to end our relationship..."

I just looked at her, my heart skipping a beat. No, this couldn't be happening!
I started crying hard and she grabbed me, pulling me into a hug.

"I promise you, we will figure out a way to make this work!"

Wow, what a great 18th birthday present...

2 Months Later

There was cheering all around me. I held the state championship trophy above my head with the rest of my team. We had worked so hard to get here and we couldn't have done it without Whitney....

I looked over at her standing with her arms folded and a huge smile on her beautiful face.I could see the pride in her eyes. But there was pain in my heart.... We had only shared a few kisses and nothing more in the past 2 months... God I missed everything about her. I wanted her so bad.... I missed her so much....

The bus ride home I couldn't stop staring at her smiling face. We shared a pained look several times on the bus ride home. I couldn't tell if she wanted me as much as I wanted her but I hoped she did... When we got off the bus, Coach Warner handed off the trophy to the athletic director and he took it into the school. I tried to start my car and it wouldn't start.