Chapter 17

A/N: Enjoy this chapter! Thank you again so much for all the support!!!!! :D

------------

Zoe's POV

I woke up in Whitney's arms, I snuggled closer to her when I remembered what Tyson had done to me. I couldn't hold the tears back and my shoulders shook as I cried silently. I felt her stir and her arms wrapped tighter around me.

"It's okay, Zoe, I'm here."

I just cried harder when she said this. I hugged her harder, I never wanted to let go of her. Ever...

-------------

Whitney's POV

I held her tight, crying right along with her. I was there, I could have stopped it before it happened. I could have prevented her feeling this way. Zoe eventually fell asleep again. I got up to get something to drink. I stared out the window thinking hard.

God I loved her so much, I didn't want her hurt...

A few days later it was the last day of school. Zoe had just stayed with me, I didn't want her going back around that sick twisted bastard. Halfway through the last day, Zoe came into my classroom.

"What's the matter," I said standing up and pulling her into a hug.

"Come with me to the library," she said smiling.

I looked at her confused and then followed her into the library. I grinned when I saw the head softball coach of the college I had gone to. I smile at Zoe and have her a hug. She was signing with the college.

"I wanted you here for it," she whispered in my ear.

"I'm happy I could be here for you," I whispered lovingly back.

I watched her sign the paper with a smile. I got in the picture with her, my hand on her shoulder. After wards I went back to my classroom and she went to her next class. I smiled to myself thinking of the grin on her face as she signed the commitment.

----------

Zoe's POV

As I ran down the hall to my next class I smacked into someone and he grabbed my arm. I tried to get out of his grasp but he held tight and pulled me into the girls bathroom. Fear washed over me as he pushed me against the wall.

"Stay away from my daughter. You will end this relationship now! If not I'll make sure that scholarship you just got gets destroyed and you'll never play another day if you keep this relationship going," he growled.

He had Whitney's blond hair and I her hazel eyes. But the terrifying look in his eyes was not one that Whitney had ever given me.

"I love her!" I snapped.

"No, you don't! From this point on if I ever see you around my daughter I swear to god I'll make your life hell!"

Tears ran down my cheeks as I felt his words sink in.

"And that's just what I'll do to you. What I'll do to her is a hundred times worse!"

He left after spitting those words in my face. I sank to the floor as the tardy bell rang... I could care less about my softball career, but if he hurt Whitney I would never be able to live with myself...

-----------

Whitney's POV

I sat in my classroom looking around the room. The bell had rang for kids to leave for the summer. They had all freaked out and ran out of the school like bats out of hell. I checked my watch, Zoe would be here any minute now.

When she walked in I got up and kissed her. We were finally free to be with each other. She was 18 and no longer my student. Zoe returned the passion in the kiss, but when she pulled away I saw tears running down her cheeks. I wiped them away with my thumb.

"What's the matter Zoe," I asked softly.

She turned away from me, putting her back to me. But she didn't say anything...

"Zoe?"

She took a huge breath, still refusing to face me.

"We're through."