Chapter 21

A/N: Hey everybody! Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments! Enjoy this chapter! I'll warn now though it's gonna be a little short. :/ sorry I'm just not feelin it right now...

---------

Zoe's POV

I sat and watched my team practice. We had gotten home from the tournament one day ago. Whitney and I had spent the last night together. But that was when she told me something. I gripped the handle of my bat so hard my knuckles turned white just thinking about it... She had a girlfriend. One that, by sleeping with me, she had cheated on.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I couldn't help but smile when I saw her name on the screen.

Her text read, Come to my place tonight.

Alright, I'll head there after practice, I responded.

"Hey coach! There's somebody here to see you," one of my seniors hollered.

I looked up from my phone and my blood began to boil. Whitney's father stood by the dugout in a nice suit with his arms folded.

"Natalie, get the girls going on infield drills," I said to the girl who had told me someone was here to see me.

Natalie Bernard was our varsity catcher and a girl who I had taken under my wing. She was about my height just a little shorter than my 5'11". She had brown hair and blue eyes and was a pretty happy kid.

I went over to Whitney's dad, still holding my bat.

"Can I help you," I asked coldly.

"I thought we had a deal you little bitch," he snapped.

I frowned.

"I'd appreciate you not talking to me like that on my field."

"Stay away from her!"

"No. You can't hurt her and you can't hurt me. I'm not scared of you, you self-righteous bastard!"

"You'll regret this," he hissed, turning on his heel and leaving.

"Stay off my field!"

Suddenly my team started clapping behind me. I turned to look at them with a confused expression.

"Nice job coach! You told him!"

I blushed, just realizing that I hadn't kept my voice down and they had all just heard me cuss him out. I glanced at Natalie and she had a concerned look in her eyes. After practice was over I let the girls go and I started getting the Ranger ready to drag the field for our game the next day.

"Hey Coach," I heard a voice behind me.

I looked over my shoulder to find Natalie standing there with her bag over her shoulder and a worried look on her young face.

"What's up Natalie?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said quietly getting the drag hooked up.

I felt her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her and she looked sad.

"Are you sure? That guy seemed really mad..."

"Yeah. I'm sure. Thanks for asking," I said forcing a smile.

"You wanna drag the field with me?"

She grinned ear to ear.

"Sure!"

We talked while we rode around in the Ranger, dragging the field. After we were done I put the Ranger away and then I went out to my car, a brand new black Dodge Charger. I groaned as it started to rain and when I was pulling out of the parking lot I saw Natalie walking.

I pulled up next to her and rolled the window down.

"Do you want a ride?"

She smiled, "Yes please!"

I drove her home, which actually was a good thing because thunder and lightning started. I dropped her off at her house which was decent sized and then I headed to Whitney's. When I got there and went in she immediately pinned me to the wall and kissed me. I smiled at her and without a word we were on the floor in her living room.