Chapter 23

A/N: One question... Team Whitney or Team Natalie? :)
Leave your answers in the comments :) Who's better for Zoe? You have to tell why they are better for her :)
Enjoy the chapter!

------

Zoe's POV

My eyes fluttered open as I saw the ceiling above me moving. What the? No, never mind I was the one moving. I was being dragged into the bathroom. I coughed and I felt blood rush down my chin.

"Hold on Coach! Please! Don't die!"

That's was Natalie's voice... I tried to move my head to look at her but she was behind me dragging me from under my arms. I felt burning pain in my shoulder, arm and stomach. Natalie leaned me against the wall. I could clearly see her face now.

Tears were streaming down her cheeks. The cut on my arm was wrapped tightly with a torn piece of her shirt and she was pressing another torn piece of my shirt against a gushing wound on my stomach.

"N-Natalie..." I coughed again and even more blood spurted from my mouth.

"Stop talking! Save you energy!"

There was five more gunshots from out in the hallway. In fear she quickly dragged me into the large bathroom stall and put me against the wall, still putting pressure on the wound. I could feel my body getting weaker and weaker by the minute. Natalie had her phone up to her frantically saying something to a 9-1-1 operator.

"God dammit! She's bleeding to death!"

The tears were falling harder now and she was hysterical. My vision was getting splotchy and I was starting to fade....

---------

Whitney's POV

I pulled up another article that was the most recent update. The headline read: 6 HOURS AFTER BRUTAL ATTACK: POLICE HAVE SIX SUSPECTS IN SCHOOL SHOOTING IN CUSTODY. --- 70+ STUDENTS INJURED, 15 DEAD, 1 TEACHER DEAD ANOTHER IN CRITICAL CONDITION.

My heart was in my throat, I felt sick. What if Zoe was the teacher that was dead or the one that was in critical condition? They had ended school here because of the shooting. I leaned back in my chair. I sat at my desk at home, trying to keep myself calm.

"Whitney," I heard Alex call from the front room of my home.

I needed to do this now... Alex was finally home from her vacation and I needed to tell her about Zoe...

"I'm in the office," I called.

She walked in and dropped her bags in the doorway. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Alex, we need to talk..."

"Okay?"

"Look, I... This isn't working out."

She was smiling softly when I opened my eyes.

"It's that coach from East High isn't it?"

I blinked at her, baffled.

"H-How did you?"

"I saw the way you two looked at each other."

She hugged me and gave me one last kiss.

"I love you Whitney. And if you're happy with her then I'm happy."

I smiled at her and hugged her once more.

"Thanks, Alex."

The TV on the wall was on and a news anchor said, "We always hear about how people step up in the face in of danger to try and help others. And in today's massacre at East High school, that hero was history teacher and head softball coach Zoe Kelsey."

My heart dropped and my blood froze in my veins. I looked up at the TV to see a staff picture of Zoe. Her hair was down and straightened and her smile was so heart warming....

"Today Coach Kelsey saved the lives of two students. One girl she pushed out of the way of a boy with a knife, taking a vicious gash to her right forearm and a deep stab wound to the shoulder. While bleeding from the two knife injuries she got another student out of the way of a bullet, taking it herself, in the stomach."

My heart fluttered to hear how brave she had been but then I thought crept into my mind. The article had said that there was one teacher dead....

Please! Dear God please don't let Zoe be the one that died!

-------------

A/N: PLEASE READ: IMPORTANT: Seriously everybody! I really do wanna know which team you root for :) Whitney or Natalie? :) thanks for all the votes and comments! Oh and by the way I'm only going to update if I get 10 or more comments answering the question :) so if you want an update I need to hear your opinions :) the update will be solely based on how you guys respond!