Testing The Waters

A/N: Ahh Part 20! Thank you all for reading it means a lot.
----------------------------------
Previously...
I spent time following people on Instagram then there was a knock at my door. The door screeched as it opened, Lin and Vanessa both entered...Oh god, this is it, I'm totally getting kicked to the curb. My heart started racing, I would've thought they would give me more time before making the decision. I sat up.

"Hey Kat, We wanted to know what you wanted for lunch, or we can go out and do something today so you're not cooped up in your room all day. Get out and get some fresh air? Anything striking your interest?" Vanessa asked leaning against the door frame. My heart gradually began to slow down. Honestly, I really didn't feel like moving today. "I don't know." I shrugged locking my phone and putting on the bed next to me. "You don't know? Uh, we can go to a restaurant, the mall? The zoo? Anything! I don't have work tonight so we can practically do anything." Lin said walking into the bedroom more. "I don't like watching caged animals." Lin sighed. "Alright, fine no zoo, just let us know if you want to do something today." Lin said before exiting with Vanessa behind him. A sigh of relief took over me. They didn't kick me out...yet. I sat back and got comfortable again typing in my passcode.

I sat in my room on my phone switching between watching YouTube videos and Netflix while also occasionally looking at new text messages coming in. I'm hoping that if I don't reply or pay too much attention then they'll stop. I'm not completely sure how long I've been in my room, but I'm alone and comfortable so that's all that mattered to me.

There was another knock at the door. Lin walked in and leaned up against the door frame. "Get up." He crossed his arms and kept eyes on me. "Why?" I groaned. "Up. Kathrine you're not going to stay in your room all day, you've been in here for literally ten hours since you've woken up. You didn't eat lunch so we're going to go out to eat as a family. Get dressed, we're leaving in fifteen minutes." With that Lin left and shut the door behind him.

I took time to roll out of bed because frankly I was ready to go back to sleep before Lin walked in. I went over to my closet and tried to pick from the limited clothing I had, I really need to get more clothes. I slipped a dark grey long sleeve shirt over my body with a black hoodie. I wrestled with my jeans doing all sorts of lunges and squats to get them on, typical jean routine. I looked at myself in the mirror and nothing but insults and hate from the texts flooded my mind. I guess I never really realized the fat or the problems everyone else saw with my body. "Kathrine!? Are you ready? Lets go!" Lin yelled from the front door. I grabbed my phone and ran down the hall to slip on my shoes. We all left the apartment and drove to a restaurant not too far away.

We walked in and we're seated immediately in a booth that faced a busy street of people rushing home from work. I hid behind my menu trying to find something to eat, I really wasn't that hungry. I put my menu down and stared at the table, Vanessa and Lin were having their own conversation while they took care of Sebastian in his high chair. "Did you figure out what you want, Kat?" Lin looked up from his menu to me. "I'm not that hungry..." Lin's face fell into an expression that just read "really?", but an annoyed "really?". You know that one? "Kathrine, you're going to get something. You've only eaten oat meal today, that's not okay! Get a salad or a...a flatbread pizza. Just get something." I took a sip of my water and hid behind my menu again. "Are we ready to order? Or do we need a minute?" Our waitress walked over, everyone's eyes fell on me. I looked at the menu and picked a random item off of it. Sure. I ended getting a garden burger, I guess I can eat that. After our orders were taken our waitress walked away leaving us with an awkward silence. My phone that sat on the table illuminated with text messages again. Not now! "Who's texting you? There's a lot of messages." Vanessa said looking at the phone screen. I quickly picked up the phone and put it away. I looked back up towards Lin who was already staring at me.

We finished our food and went back home. I didn't eat all of my burger but just enough that Lin didn't throw another fit. Vanessa took Sebastian to his room to go to bed leaving me and Lin alone. There it was again...the silence. I sat on the couch and opened my phone going through the new messages trying not to make anything physically obvious emotion wise.

"Fatass"

"Dough girl."

"Hey Kat, can I run something by you?" I locked my phone and sat up. "What?" Lin came and sat next to me. "Alright, you know the keeping you a secret thing?" I nodded. "Okay, well I was hoping that if you were up to it, I was thinking maybe tell the fans about you? If you need more time that's alright, I just want to know what your thoughts were." Maybe it would be cool to be known by his fans. "Sure, I don't care. When?" I was more curious about how I was going to be "announced" or whatever. "Tomorrow? After you get home from school? I have rehearsal tomorrow, but you could come and we can do a cool little thing." I was down. I nodded and broke into a small smile, I'm kind of excited. What's the worst that could happen? It's not like my life can go more downhill!

----------------------------------
Okay I didn't really edit/revise because I was on a hitman mission, if stuff is spelled wrong or just wrong then oops. As I was writing this chapter I was laying in my bed and I turned onto my back to face the ceiling, yeah? And so I do that and I'm jamming out to ITH and I turn to see a black spider crawling across my ceiling.

Update: Now, I'm laying in my bed still with the light on just watching it. I can't reach it...ITS ON THE MOVE AHHH THIS THING IS RUNNING SO FAST I CANNOT FIND THE COURAGE TO KILL IT!!! I'M DEAD!

Update: It disappeared somewhere in my room...or it left my room...I'm not sure but I'm going to bed. PSA: I have failed my hitman mission. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

- LinsDeadPonytail