Helpline

Lin's POV (still)
I woke up to the sound of Sebastian hitting my bedroom door repeatedly with what I assumed was his trains. Suddenly he started knocking on the door and calling for me. I looked at the clock before peeling myself out of the warm embrace of the bed, 7:36 AM. Ugh. "Hey buddy" I say opening my door peering at him on the floor before picking him up. "Trains" Sebastian says pointing at the train tracks in the living room. I carried him over and played with the trains, rearranging the tracks and making risky routes of transportation. One of the tracks could cause serious problems for future trains, it's not even connected. Tobi walked out of my room to come sit on the train tracks. Sebastian began to crack up as he repeatedly pushed the train across the tracks running into Tobi with it. Who knew something so simple could be so entertaining. There's nothing I love more than to seeing my son laughing and just being a happy kid. It sucks that he wakes me up so early, but it's nice to see him when I can especially on show days like tonight. I spent a good portion of the morning with Sebastian before I really had to be getting to the theatre for an EduHam matinee performance. It's inspiring to watch teenagers be engaged with art and history, a lot of them have amazing talents, if I could I'd get some of these kids record deals in a split second. The kids were going to be at the theatre soon so I have to leave. I kiss V and my son goodbye before leaving to take the train into the city. I arrived at the theatre to go put my backpack in my dressing room before returning to the stage door to see if the students were arriving yet. I looked up and down the sidewalk before I saw a familiar face. "Hey Kat! right?" I ask. "Hey, Lin" She replied. "What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be in school right now? It's not a holiday that I didn't know about, right?" I ask. "No, not a holiday, but uh yeah, I was in school, but I got suspended for something I'd rather not talk about." She says, her voice decreasing to nothing. "So, how's your step dad, what's his name? Larry? Greg? Gary! Yeah, how's he? I bet he'd happy you're getting home extra early" I say laughing to myself. She gave a small forced laugh, then her lip started to tremble and tears erupted from her eyes. "He passed away yesterday evening.." She squeaked out while wiping tears away. "Oh my God, I am so sorry, Kathrine" I say realizing I just made a joke about her now dead step dad. "Does your Mom know? Is she coming back from wherever she is? Who are you staying with?" I ask, questions just spewed out of me. "She's dead too, I just found out" She says softly before bursting into tears, again. "She died August 15th. Nobody told me." She said, I could barely understand what she was saying. "Kathrine, who are you staying with?" I ask setting a hand onto her shoulder, bending down to eye level. "I got transferred to some foster home called Funshine Sunshine Foster Home For Girls." She says wiping excess tears and chuckling. "Wow, that place sounds ridiculous" I say. "How is it in there?" I continue. "I have only been there for less than a day, I don't really know. There's a lot of girls in there. Uh, I should really be getting back home, since I'm kinda in trouble. It was nice to talk to you again." She said sniffling one more time before waving and walking home. I can't believe this. This girl has gone through a lot in a very short amount of time. I feel like I have to do something to help her, I'll have to get through my wife before I can do anything. I quickly slipped my phone out of my pocket before calling V. The phone rings and I'm shaking, I've never been this nervous to talk to my wife. "Hello?" V says. "Hey, V. Okay, you gotta hear me out when I say I think we should foster Kathrine." I say. "Lin, we have Sebastian and you know how teenagers can be, especially girls. I don't know." V said. "I saw her yet again and she told me news that broke my heart and it didn't even involve me, V. She told me that her step dad passed away yesterday and her mom did also, not on the same night, but bottom line her parents are gone and she's in some silly foster group home thing with a dumb name. I want to help her, V. I say practically pleading. "What's the name of the home? I didn't think they ha-" she says before I cut her off. "Funshine Sunshine Foster Home Fo-" I say. "What!?" V says laughing. "Wow.. V, please, can we help her?" I ask. "Okay, yes. I'll get the paperwork and calls taken care of. Break a leg tonight, I love you." V says. "Thank you, love you too. Bye" I say hanging up, returning my phone back into my pocket. The school buses start arriving right before my eyes. Here we go.

-

The EduHam performance went really well and as always the students were phenomenal. I had a later show after all the madness and it was close to midnight at this point, but not quite. As I walked out the stage door I noticed three floppy teenagers, one was completely out of it. It's past curfew, no teenager, especially three teenage girls should be out here, someone could kidnap them. "Hey! You two!" I yell. Two girls in short dresses turn around to face me, their other friend draped around their necks. I looked over at the floppiest girl in the middle, Kathrine. What the hell? The two girls look at each other like they saw a ghost. They we're scared. "Uhh Hi?" One girl says. "Whats wrong with your friend? Isn't it alil late for teenagers to be roaming the streets?" I ask. "We're not wondering aimlessly. It is none of your business, we're just trying to get her home." The one girl answers, trying to turn around. "Where are you guys trying to get too?" I ask, wondering if Kathrine maybe knew them. I couldn't stop looking at Kathrine, what is wrong with her? "Like I said, none of your business, sir." The girl continued, turning around and stumbling down the sidewalk. I took the train back home to meet with V about Kathrine.

I arrived to our building and unlocked the door pushing it open, Vanessa was sitting on the couch watching the news. V looked up at me then got up leading me over to her laptop, information on Kathrine was on the screen. "We can go get her and bring her home tomorrow. Her CPS agent, Melinda, said we could meet her in the morning at the foster home Kathrine is currently in. Will that work?" V explains. "Yeah, I saw her tonight, she was really out of it, she was with two girls, I assume they're from the foster home too. Kathrine looked  really pale and she appeared drunk. I think they were coming home from a party." I tell her. "Oh, well I guess we will find out more tomorrow, we may have to set some ground rules when she comes" she says. "Oh yeah." I reply. "We'll figure it out" she says kissing me then disappearing into our bedroom.

The night came to an end pretty quickly, I was preparing to hit the hay. Tomorrow is a big day. I'm so nervous I can barely keep my eyes closed. There's no way I'm sleeping tonight.
----------------------------------
Heyo, I didn't mean for that last part to rhyme, I'm really okay with it though. In addition, I'm really happy that people are reading this, it kinda warms my heart how fast the number of reads are increasing, some more than others. So that's really cool, thank you all who read, you're a nifty bunch. That one part between Lin and Vanessa on the phone, I doubt in a million year she'd laugh in a serious situation such as this but y-know, the name of the home is dumb for all important reasons. I'm cooking (writing) s'more so you should have a good meal. Hopefully you're hungry. The stuff on the stove is just starting to boil but the food isn't ready yet. Please hold. I didn't really revise and edit this chapter so take it in its blemished glory.    -LinsDeadPonyTail