Over and Done

Once I got dressed and brushed my teeth and hair I walked into the kitchen where Lin was leaned up against the counter with Sebastian scrolling through Twitter. "You ready, my child?" He said slipping his phone into his pocket, looking at me. "I think so." Lin lead the way out to the car. "Are you familiar with Subways?" He looked back at me. "No, I haven't been on any in years." I looked down at the sidewalk. "Okay, well we are going to make you comfortable with using them, but not today, even though driving through New York traffic is actual hell, today we will. However, tomorrow when you go back to school we're taking the subway. You go to school in the city, right?" I nod. "Okay, so the subway is going to be your best bet, I take it all the time. Vanessa uses her car to go to work, I barely use mine at least not when I go into the city unless I absolutely need to." He said as he buckled Sebastian into his car seat, I got into the front passenger seat.

We dropped Sebastian off at Lin's parents house then we drove to the city. It did not take long to reach the city, he wasn't kidding, New York traffic is hellish. I've always walked past the cars and it didn't seem like a big deal, but now that I'm actually in it...how do these people deal with this, you could get out of your cab and run around the block once or twice and your cab will be in the same place. We parked in a parking lot near the theatre and walked through Times Square and up to the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue. I didn't want to risk accidentally making my way on a train to who knows where if we went to the Apple Grand Central Station. Too large and crowded for comfort.

When we got to the store a lady inside greeted us and told us where to go for phones. I picked out my phone and walked off looking at the other gadgets Apple had to offer. Every so often I'd look over to where Lin stood with the Apple Employee setting up the phone to make sure he was still there. I knew I was fine but there was just something that made me feel uneasy. I just wanted to be in and out quickly. It was not going very quickly, I don't know what they were doing but it was taking a lot of time.

After many long and excruciating minutes Lin walks up behind me as I'm messing with the photo booth app on an iPad. He put a hand on my shoulder making me jump. I told you I was uneasy. "Woah! Hey, it's just me. What are you doing?" Lin laughed. I looked back at the iPad that had a blurry picture of my face getting scared. That's embarrassing. "Nothing, just waiting for you." I say clicking the delete button. Nobody needs to see that. "I'm not going to have enough time to take you home so you're with me for work tonight. You ready to go to the theatre?" We began walking. "Sorta. Not really." I look down at the cement under my feet. "You'll be fine and the cast will love you." He says putting an arm on my back. "Oh and here's your phone, it's activated and all that good stuff, I added some numbers in your contacts that you'll probably use a lot." He handed me a small bag. "I'll open it when we get to the theatre, thank you." I put my arm around his arm as we walked in Times Square again. I didn't want to get lost in the chaos. "Alright, so remember how I said I want to keep you a secret a little while longer, now is the time to go incognito. Basically just act like you work here." Lin explained as we got close to the theatre.

We finally arrived to the theatre and there wasn't many people outside the theatre but lines were beginning to build. As we got closer to the door people started to recognize Lin, they began to scream and cheer. Lin waved and exchanged a few words with groups of people on the way to the door. I was not used to this. Lin lead the way to the stage door opening it and walking through, I followed and did the same. "Does that always happen?" I look up at him. "What?" He said as he marked his initials on the cast sign-in sheet. "The yelling, screaming and cheering? Is that normal for you?" He lead the way to his dressing room. "People get really hype. I can't help it." He says pushing hair out of his face. This man had some long locks for a dude. "This is my dressing room by the way." I looked around at the slimy green colored room, there was books, pictures and notes all around the room and a small bed in the corner against the window. "Wow, it's very...unique" I say taking one last yonder around the room. It kinda hurt to look at for too long. "You want to meet the cast?" We locked eye contact. "I don't know..." I say looking at a picture on the wall near me. "Let's go!" He took my hand and led me to the meeting spot of majority of the cast. Lin went around the whole room having each person identify themselves

"I'm Leslie."
"My name is Anthony."
"I'm Jasmine, but you can call me Jazzy."
"I'm Renèe"
"My name is Chris."
"I'm Oak"
"Hi, I'm Daveed."
"My name is Pippa, nice to meet you."
.......
The names continued, it seemed to never end. I was getting overwhelmed, I don't think I'm going to be able to remember all of these names.

"Okay, I think that's everyone. Lets go back to my dressing room, are you hungry?" Lin asks walking back to his dressing room. I was happy to get back to the vomit inducing green walled room and away from the cast I just met, it wasn't bad, he was right. It wasn't bad, I just feel like I need more time to prepare. It's done and over with, I'm fine.

----------------------------------
Long Authors Note:
It's late and I'm tired, I'm going to bed, i hope you enjoyed this chapter, I didn't revise or edit so #BlemishedGlory.
I'm not completely sure how I feel about this chapter, but I can definitely see future chapters because this one happened. I'm excited because a lot of the things to happen in the future are going to be a dip into my life and the things I've encountered. My life has only been lived for x amount of years and so much has happened I can't even...speaking of my long lived life, my birthday is next week on Monday and my mom gave me my birthday present early since I'm not at her house for my birthday anyway, she got me HAMILTON TICKETS FOR CHICAGO! I actually crapped my pants (not actually), but I died a lil inside. Last month, in June, I went to Chicago for a family thing and I explored the city looking for the PrivateBank Theatre and I took some pictures like yee-o'l typical tourist and in my caption I just mentioned how happy I was to have seen the theatre, it was enough for my heart, I was okay with just seeing the outside of the theatre and now I get to go inside aND SEE THE DAMN SHOW IN SEPTEMBER. I'm shook! I actually never thought I'd see the show, I feel like I'm dreaming. I'm so thankful...this year is just out of this world. I'm dead now. I can die happy.

Note: Might I add that whilst I was in Chicago I was on the train at one point going into the city and this very nice lady and her husband/boyfriend/friend were on the train with me sitting across from my mom and me. My mom asked what they were doing that day and the sweet lady said "were going to go see Hamilton. We've been waiting months." I have never been so salty over an innocent sweet lady, I was actually about to cry. I was happy for her ish, but sad for myself. 😂😂 She mentioned when she got her tickets she was at work waiting with her friend for the tickets to open and they bought the tickets right away then she talked about how her friend bought tickets then forgot to go to the show...HOW DO YOU FORGET TO GO TO A DANG SHOW YOU PROBABLY SPENT A LIL (lot) BIT OF MONEY ON?! My heart hurt alil after that story.

Goodnight/morning, thank you guys for the support and all, it means a lot. I'm going to bed! -LinsDeadPonytail