The Calm Before the Storm

Lin's POV (AGAIN!) 
The sound of Vanessa's alarm rang through our bedroom stirring the both of us. V groaned as she searched for her phone on the night stand, turning off the alarm. "You up?" She asked, her voice muffled by the pillow. "Mhmm" I say rolling out of bed to go take a shower and get dressed. After both V and me had got ready we drove to drop Sebastian off at my parents house before we drove to the foster house.

When we arrived there was a lady in the driveway whom I assumed was Melinda. She waved as we pulled in. "Hello! Vanessa and Lin Miranda? Yes?" She asked. "Yes." Vanessa spoke. "Wonderful, it's nice to meet you both, and it's wonderful that you have shown interest in Kathrine, teenagers are hard to get fostered and adopted so thank you. Lets try to get in." Melinda says. We all walked up to the door, I ended up knocking.

The door flew open. "Hello, are you Rachel Hiot?" I ask. "Oh why yes I am, it's my maiden name. I'm not married to it though if you know what I mean." Rachel says winking with a grinning, pushing her hair behind her ear. "That's nice..." I replied. "May we come in?" I ask. "We?...oh yeah, yeah sure" Rachel says nervously. We all entered the house.

"Oh. Hello again, Melinda" Rachel says with a snotty tone. "Rachel..." Melinda replied. "What are you all doing here?" Rachel says looking around the house. "We're here to remove one of your girls. This man and his family are looking to foster one of your ladies, Kathrine Greenward. If you could please sign the release forms as well as inform her after she returns from school then we can all be on our ways afterwards." Melinda said. "Well you won't want her when you find out she's a trouble maker and currently on a three day suspension. Plus, how do you know they meet the requirements. I've been fostering for years" Rachel fought. "Yes, yes you have, do we have to go over how long you've been fostering each time I try to find a girl a home? This family is looking to foster one of your foster children long term, Rachel. I have gone through the process, they have gone through the fostering process. They are cleared, they are financially fit, they have a safe home for a toddler so even better for a teenager. They meet guidelines. Now, since she's here, please get Kathrine R Greenward. Thank you." Melinda fought back.

Rachel stomped over to the staircase before screeching. "KATHRINE!" Rachel yells, her voice echoing throughout the house. I jumped at the sudden eruption of her voice. Hey voice didn't exactly sound angelic, maybe Satanic? I'm happy to be doing gods work today, Kathrine hasn't been here long but nobody deserves to hear that again. We waited for a reply from upstairs. Silence. "KATHRINE GET YOUR AS-caboose down here" Rachel yelled with her voice decreasing. I really need some warning before she speaks. Vanessa and I shot each other looks. We waited a moment, again. Not a sound. "KATHTINE! Oh these kids I tell you, completely deaf" Rachel screeched with a small laugh following. This is ridiculous. "Alright, would it be fine if we just go up there?" Melinda asked, stepping towards the staircase. Rachel looked like she was about to argue but stood down and led us upstairs.

This place was in no condition for all of these girls to be staying. There was rotting wood and chipped paint. This place was starting to fall apart. We walked past a bucket in the hallway with dirty liquid dripping from above. Finally we came up on Kathrine's room. Rachel bust the door open revealing two girls standing side by side, the two girls from last night. "Hello ladies, you should be getting off to school soon. First, let me introduce you to Melinda Flynn, Kathrine's CPS agent, and with her is Mr. and Mrs. Miranda. They have come to get Kathrine so if you ladies could tell us where Kathrine is then hop off to school, that would be helpful." Rachel said. Me and the two girls shared glances. "Please call me Lin and my wife, Vanessa" I introduced. There was an awkward silence that took over the room. "Kathrine is sleeping" One blurted out. "Yes, she is sleeping because she was.....up..all night doing..homework she's missing. She's takes school very seriously. You know how school can practically kill you, you just gotta sleep it off!" The other girl spoke with a shaky voice. "Well we can let her rest while we go sign papers, when we're finished then we can wake her up." Vanessa spoke up. "Good idea." Melinda said. We all shared looks before returning downstairs to sign papers.

After all the papers were signed and we officially had custody of Kathrine we couldn't wait any longer to get her out of here. "Alright thank you both very much for your patience and all through this process, I now grant you with official documentation. I think that Kathrine will be very happy in your home. I don't think that group homes are her speed" Melinda spoke. Vanessa and I gathered our papers and walked together upstairs to wake Kathrine up and help her pack. Vanessa pushed open the door and laughed at the child fully covered by the oversized comforter. She walked over to the bed and pulled away the comforter revealing Kathrine. "Oh she's just beautiful." V said looking at me. I could tell V was going to love her, though we both love our son, I think V wants a girl in the house. "Kathrine" V repeats in a soft voice shaking Kathrine. Nothing. Kathrine did show signs of waking up. Vanessa shook her once more and just to be sure, she checked for a pulse. "Hey babe, call 9-1-1" Vanessa said calmly turning to me. "Why? what's wrong?" I asked, my heart slightly racing. "She has a pulse and she's breathing, but I'm not sure that she's this heavy of a sleeper. You said you saw her before, she's was fine with a few bruises, but moving, last night you saw her and she was like this, just limpy?" Vanessa spoke. "Yeah, those girls from earlier were with her, they seemed kinda out of it as well, but not this bad. They all looked like they were coming from a party or something." I explained. "This isn't normal effects of alcohol, as her guardians now we need to care for her as she is our own." V continued. I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, calling emergency services.

Vanessa and I stood against the wall in Kathrine's room as emergency responders loaded Kathrine onto the stretcher carting her out to the ambulance. We couldn't deal with Rachel bashing on us, telling V and me that we were unfit parents due to something we had no control of. V and I pushed past Melinda and Rachel to get in the car and follow the ambulance, red and blue lights flashing and whaling sirens. The sea of cars split, making way for the ambulance, my heart was racing and my knuckles were white as I tightly clenched the wheel. We eventually arrived at the hospital.
----------------------------------
This story is coming back full circle, we're bout to get this train wreck back on track. Lets go. But Oh my lorde...I am crying in the club right now. This time not because of Alabanza but I might as well be. I have died so many times tonight then my spirit came back and I keep coming back alive. My mom left me alone tonight, I'm a very paranoid person due to the fact that many months ago my house got robbed early one morning with me and my family in the house, they stole our car. Any-who, unimportant...I'm hella paranoid about that so my house is on like complete lockdown when I'm home alone. Next, it's storming outside and the weather channel was trying to tell me it COULD turn into a tornado and I'm not having none of that so I'm just here...crying, shaking. I may or may not be rocking back and fourth. Heh. I mean I got my mom to skrr skrr home so that's plus. I won't be braving this storm alone.
UPDATE:
It's like 3:00 AM. Dang it. I'm emotionally exhausted. She's making me come to work with her now. Ugh. I just needed to rant for a hot second. I'll keep writing. ADIOS <3
-LinsDeadPonyTail