Highway to hell- what?

"Morning sleepy head" Lin said when I shuffled into the kitchen. "Morning" I say rubbing the nasty eye crust out of my eyes. "What's on your agenda today?" Lin asked sipping his coffee. I sat at the table in the seat near him. I put my arms on the table and cradled my head on them. "I don't know. I still have all my homework and classroom work from the past two or three days that I have to do." I groaned looking off at the wall in front of me. It turned silent for a moment or two. Lin stared at me for afew seconds finally raising an eyebrow. "What are you looking at?" He laughed. "I'm looking for inspiration..." I say with a straight face, continuing to stare at the egg shell white wall directly in front of me. Lin began to laugh. "Inspiration for what?" He held in small laughter. "Inspiration to do all this homework. Maybe even a shed of gods grace." I lay my head back onto my arms. "Go get your homework." I groan. "Go on. Get it and come back, we can do it together." I get up from my seat to go down the hall to my room where my backpack laid with binders, books and papers that were sprawled out across the sand brown carpet. I returned to the table and set everything out. Lin began to organize the papers by class and we got to work.

We had been working on homework for almost two hours, we we're just starting math, my lowest grade. We looked over the papers and laughed at the fact that neither of us knew what was happening on the paper. "We can save the math for later, Vanessa can help with it. She's more smartical and better with the sciencey crap. I'm okay, but clearly not much help." Lin said piling the math papers together. "What's next?"

We tried to get through as much of the work together as we could before our heads exploded. I didn't know Lin used to be a language arts substitute teacher. We wrote an argumentative essay and he was a big help. I'm not the essay type even though language arts is my strongest subject.

"You happy now that seventy-five percent of your homework is now finished?" I gave him a small smile. "Yup, I never want to see any of it ever again." Lin chuckled. "I can't promise you that, but I can promise you that if you ever need help or anything for that matter, just ask and let me know what's up, I'll be there. Okay?" Lin said smiling back. "Okay. Thanks." He put an arm around me. "No problem. Alright, next order of business! Today, Saturday, is a two show day. Are you interested in spending the day with me or you wanna be a bum? I can put you in a seat in the audience, if you want to watch the show from a better angle that isn't the wings" He looked like he really wanted me to come. How could I say no to this? "Sure." He grew another smile. "Okay, the first show is at 2:00 so I'd like to be at the theatre by noon at the latest. It's 10:43 am right now so I'd say get ready, do what you have to do quickly because we need to go." We both got up from the table and went our separate ways to our rooms to get ready.

When I got to my room I picked out an outfit and went to shower before getting dressed. When I returned to my room I went over to bed to take my phone off of the charger. I unplugged my phone and the screen illuminated revealing text after text after text from unknown numbers. I scrolled through and read afew.

" Do you purposely try to look ugly? Or are you just born like that?"

"They will never love you."

"Who let a whale out of the ocean?"

"You're actually a dumb, pathetic bitch."

"Nobody at this school likes a slut like you!"

"I'm pretty sure you're going to hell. God doesn't like sluts, you used to be clean."

"Ha! I'll have sex with you! I like a girl who can get freaky at school."

"Do us a favor and go trip off a cliff. You're a waste of air anyway."

All of these texts were from different numbers, they kept coming in. How do all of these people have my number, I only gave it to afew of my friends! I could feel tears in my eyes. "Kat! You ready? Lets go!" Lin yelled. I locked my phone and left my room. "You good to go?" I nodded as we walked out the door. "Bye Vanessa, love you" Lin said closing the door. We walked to the subway station and got on heading into the city going to the theatre.