XXXIX. A Handshake with a side of Charm

Start from the beginning

"Ditto, although I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't tackle me feroiously in front of our guest." She chuckled as Frankie rolled off of her and glanced up at me. "Oh." he breathed as he jumped up to his feet. "You brought me a present, Ari you shouldn't have."

"Harry this is Frankie, my lovely older brother who is currently in a relationship with half the male population in Hollywood." Ariana was teasing, but I could tell how much she loved and missed her brother.

"Frankie this is Harry-"

"So this is the guy you've been swooning to me about for the past month?" Frankie cut off his sister, like most brothers would if they were attempting to embarrass their sibling. "Yes." Ariana blushed.

"Ari you said he was really nice, and sweet but you forgot to mention that he looks like a model, do you model?" Her brother looked between me and Ariana as I cleared my throat. "N-No I'm in University."

"Ignore Frankie, he's just weird." Ariana remarked as her brother gasped. "I am not weird, I am limited edition. There's a difference!" 

"Whatever you say Frankie." Ariana chuckled. "I'm not going to stay here and be victimized any longer. Besides, I need to pick up something from the shops so see you two at dinner."

"Love you." Ariana spoke up as her brother engulfed her in a hug. "Love you too baby sis." he laid a sloppy kiss on her cheek causing her to groan. "Ugh!"

"Nice meeting you Harry, I look forward to tonight. By the way, nice sweater." he winked at me before rushing out the door.

"Oh um thanks." I said, but it was too late.

"Two down, three to go." Ariana sighed as she wiped her cheek. "How are you enjoying my family so far?"

"Gladys seems really nice, Frankie too. He's hilarious." I had to admit, so far her family seemed pretty decent compared to the other families I had the displeasure to meet, via my parents of course.

"Wait until you meet my mom." She grinned. My heart fell out of my ass to say the least, I still had to meet her mom which I was frankly scared out of my wits about.

"Want to go to the lounge?" She asked.

"Sure."

"You know you look a lot like your mom." I picked up a frame from her mantle as I walked over to Ariana who was sitting on her sofa with her feet up on the coffee table. She looked very comfortable, and I smiled as she laughed. "Yeah I get that a lot."

"You and Frankie though, you two don't look very much a like. I mean you do, but not as much as you and your mom."

"That's because he's my half brother." She confessed as I looked between her and the photograph. It was of Ariana, her brother, and her mom. It looked recent, considering she still had that breathtaking glow about her that I still see now.

I returned the frame back to where it was and looked at the others. SOme of them were of Ariana when she was younger. "Is this you and your dad?" I asked her.

"I wish. That's me and my uncle." She said. "Or my cousin, I don't know. What does he look like in the photo?"

"Tall, lean, dark curly hair and brown eyes." I explained quite horribly.

"Oh that's Uncle William. He's my dad's only brother." she said.

I gasped as I returned the frame and picked up another, one that was of Ariana when she looked about one. She was sat in her brothers lap and had her hand up while she had a cheeky smile on her face.