Brooklyn remained quiet . " I'll pay for the abortion if you start going back to therapy " he said.

" I have an appointment coming up already " she said.

" talk to me brook ? how you feeling ? " He asked.

" It's just being pregnant right now is giving me flashbacks of when I was pregnant with Sakani and it's a lot . Those were real dark times for me " She admitted.

" I know and i'm here for you " he said as he pulled her into a hug and allowed her to cry to him . " I love you so much cousin and we're going to get through this I promise " he said.

" can I stay here for a couple days ? I don't want to see desmond until after I get the abortion " she said.

" My door is always open to any of yall . If you ever need somewhere to run too my door is always open and i'll never turn you away " he said.

Brooklyns phone started ringing and she ignored Brianna's call . " Why you ignoring her ? " Drick asked .

" I don't want to talk to her like this " She said and Drick sighed .

" Im not saying this cause Bri favorite but you think you helping her by pushing her away not wanting to talk about your feelings with her but you hurting her even more . She feels guilty for the shit that happened to you , she feels guilty that you took it so she didn't have to . She feels guilty that all she did do was lay next to you and cry while what happened to you happened and that shit is eating her up . I think if the both of y'all talked to each other it'll really help . " Drick suggested  .

" I can't .. I already feel weak as fuck . All I wanted to do was protect her and Blaire and I couldn't even do that they all fucked uo and that's why i stay away . I see stories of other people who had the same thing that happened to me happened to them and they're fine but not me . I wish i was as strong as them . I feel so weak they I can't be around my daughter without getting flashbacks of being raped . I feel weak that I can't be around my brother for a long period of time without getting flashbacks of watching him get his ass beat for trying to help . " Brooklyn cried .

Drick sighed and tried to find the words to say to make her feel better but it was hard . This was Brooklyn's first time really breaking down and explaining to him exactly what it was she was battling . He pulled her into a hug and she'd a few tears his self .

He hated that she was going through what she was going through . " I'm sorry Brook " He said . " But you're not weak .. it takes a strong ass person to do what you did for Brianna . It takes a strong a person to make a decision to keep a baby of rape . You're trying and you didn't give up and that makes you strong as well . I'm here for you and i'm going to help you get through this " He assured her and she nodded .

————————

Brianna and Jari were sitting outside on her porch enjoying the energy and vitamins they were getting from the sun as they ate popsicles.

Brianna smiled when she saw Corey sitting across the street at his cousins house . She still didn't like how he was a snitch who did whatever Drick said but she felt bad for what happened to him and she would text him from time to time to check on him .

" I'm coming back " She told Jari . She stood up and walked over to him and gave him a hug . " I see you recovering quickly "

" Yeah .. thanks for looking out for me and staying with me until the ambulance came and letting drick know who it was so now that problem is gone " He said .

" No problem " She said . " Why you not at home though ? I think you still need to be inside until you all the way healed ... you just got out the hospital yesterday "