15

Chapter Fifteen

A day later ...

Brooklyn stood outside of Dricks house ringing his doorbell. She was the only one who didn't have a code to get into his house because she wasn't around that much and he didn't trust her all that much .

Drick opened the door for her and let her in . Brooklyn walked into the living room and sat down and he sat next to her and looked at wondered what she wanted . Him and Brooklyn weren't close and she didn't come over to his house to just chill with him so he knew it was something .

" Is anybody else here ? " She asked him .

" Just Khighia why ? " He asked .

" I have to tell you something but please don't yell at me and fuss at me " She said .

" Ok " He said .

" I'm pregnant " She said and he smacked his teeth .

" So what Brooklyn ? You want me to take care of this one too ? " He asked .

" No Kendrick " She said getting an attitude.

" So what is it ? " He asked .

" I don't want to have it ... I came to ask for money for an abortion " She said .

" Ask desmond , the nigga that got you pregnant " He said .

" I can't because he'll want me to have the baby . I don't even want him to know i'm pregnant " She said .

" Why do you want an abortion Brooklyn ? " He asked her .

" I can't do that to Sakani . I know i'm not a good mother I can admit that . But i'm trying to be better and i'm trying to fight my demons so that I can be there for her and the last thing I want to do right now is upset her with me having another baby and her seeing me give this baby everything I never gave her " She stressed . " That and the fact that I don't know if this is Desmond's baby "

" You think it's for Dantè ? " He asked and she looked at him wondering how he knew that . " I keep tabs on you Brooklyn . You think I don't care about you but I do . I love the fuck outta you same as I do Brianna so of course even when I don't see you everyday or every week or every month i'm going to make it my business to find out what's going on with you " He said and she smiled a bit .

" Why don't you treat me like you do Brianna ? You're always yelling at me and you're so hard on me but you always baby her no matter what . It's obvious she's your favorite "

" She is im not going to lie about that but every since we was young Brianna clung to me and wanted to be around me so yes we have a stronger and closer bond . After what her daddy did to you ... I was there for you as much as I could but you started wilding out and when I tried to tell you about it you always went off and didn't want to be told nothing so what was I supposed to do ? I'm hard on you or mean to you whatever you want to call it because you think I want to see you in the situations that you're in ? You think I want you to keep staying with a nigga that beat your ass and cheat on you ? You think I wanna hear about you fucking different niggas ? You think I want to hear Sakani crying because she misses you I don't .. I'm the oldest and I want the best for all of y'all ... I would do anything for yall and the fact that you act like you're so scared to leave Desmond when you know all you have to say is the word and he's in the dirt pisses me off " He said causing Brooklyn to cry .

" You don't understand Drick ... " Brooklyn said .

" I do and that's why I never judged you . You use sex as a way to cope with what happened to you , it's common . You're attached to Desmond because you don't think you can find someone to love you because you were touched . You think you owe him because he had your bad though tough times . None of that is true " Drick said .