13-Eyes

On the next day, Taehyung is sitting on his couch, looking blankly at the screen of his phone. He is now clearly aware of his mistake and for the first time in his life, he feels a little bit guilty. He sighs heavily before unlocking his phone and dialling a certain number. The call rings are making Taehyung nervous. He bit his nails as he tries to stay calm, he can't mess up this time.

"Hello,"

"Ah, hello,"

"This is Jeon Jungkook, I'm currently unavailable, for work please contact my agency,"

It was the voicemail. Taehyung feels his heart clenching. He is wondering why it hurts. He throws his head back on the couch and closes his eyes. He still doesn't understand the reason why he wants to see Jungkook or even speak to him. Why is there a change in his mind and heart? Doesn't he actually hate the latter? He stands up and goes to his bed. He decides to postpone all these questions for tomorrow and goes to sleep.

As he is sitting on his kitchen counter with a cup coffee and of instant noodles in front of him, he dials once again Jungkook's number. This time he is more calm and serene. But still, the younger is not answering which makes Taehyung frustrated. Soon, he receives a text from Hoseok telling him to be ready for his evening shoot. Indeed, because of Hoseok , who doesn't want to lose his job, they agreed on working with a new photographer. Taehyung throws in the bin the noodles then he takes a sip of his cold coffee and dumps the rest into the sink before putting on his shoes and leaving his apartment.

When he arrives, he sort of expected to see the younger standing behind the computer or even setting his camera. But when he sees a stranger standing in front of him with a camera around his neck and smiling falsely to Taehyung, the model only wants to run away.

"Nice to meet you, sir, I'm your new cameraman Lee Si-"

"Yeah nice to meet you too," Taehyung says as he walks away and enters the fitting room.

He doesn't want to do this.

"Hello Taehyung," Hoseok says.

"Hi,"

Hoseok stands behind him and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"You have to look bright for this shoot so get rid of this frown on your face now,"

"Yeah," Taehyung replies blankly.

Once the hairdresser was done with his hair, he goes to stand in the middle of the studio.

"Okay sir, relax and smile,"

Taehyung hates how the photographer calls him "sir". Jungkook always called him Taehyung or Kim and for an unknown reason, Taehyung liked the way his name rolled off his tongue. Suddenly, he senses a warm feeling growing in the pit of his stomach. He quickly shoves two strawberries in his mouth. He shouldn't be eating them since they are props, but to get rid of the weird sensation in his body, he needs to fills himself with something else.

"Thank you, sir, good evening," the new photographer says and leaves.

Now Taehyung is left with Hoseok who is actually on the phone with someone named "Min". Taehyung thinks that it is probably his girlfriend because of the way how he smiles and laughs. It suddenly makes him think of Jimin's strange call.

"Taehyung-ah I'm sorry something came up, can you head back on your own," Hoseok says while pulling away slightly his phone from his ear.

Taehyung nods and waves goodbye to his manager. As he walks down the road, he feels empty. Nothing happened on today's shoot. There was no sparks or tension. It was empty. This feeling makes him wants to get drunk and forget everything.

Jungkook will probably never come back at this rate.

He enters Namjoon's bar to be met by a pair of familiar eyes. These eyes that he wanted to see for so long.

"Good evening," Namjoon says.

But, Taehyung ignores the elder and goes straight to Jungkook. He doesn't care about other people's eyes. He only cares about those in front of him right now. He stares at him for a while, he doesn't even know why he is doing this. The feeling of wanting to drown into those black eyes overtakes his reason.

"Jungkook, "

The younger, with a cold expression, stares at the elder. His eyes, unlike Taehyung's watery ones, are empty and bored.

" I'm- "

" Namjoon Hyung, I'm leaving, here is the money, " Jungkook says as he puts down a bank note on the counter.

Taehyung isn't surprised by Jungkook's action. He deserves it. But if he lets go of the younger right now, he feels like there will be no change in his life. He quickly grabs Jungkook's arm and holds him back.

" Wait, I need to talk, " he says.

Jungkook is taken back by the sudden action. He glances at the clients behind who are showing interest in the current situation. He then looks towards Namjoon, who simply nods at him.

Jungkook sighs and brings the elder outside of the bar. Once they are out, he removes Taehyung's grip on his arm and begins to leave. Taehyung, surprised, run to him and stands in front of him.

" Please, just listen to me, "

" No, " Jungkook responds curtly.

Taehyung bits his lower lip. All of sudden, he kneels down on the ground with his fist clenched. It is the first time, he has to beg for someone. He is embarrassed and a little bit disgusted with himself.

" Please, come back to work with me, "

Jungkook's eyes widen for a moment but when he realizes what Taehyung just said, he chuckles, making Taehyung confused.

"Among all the things you could have said, this is what you are saying ? " Jungkook questions.

Tahyung looks up, more confused than ever.

" Understand this, I won't work with you, that's it, "

Jungkook walks away when his steps stop midway when he hears Taehyung screams :

" Alright, just go away. You too go away and leave me !"

He turns around and sees Taehyung still kneeling on the ground. He is crying. Jungkook just sighs and decides to leave him alone but again Taehyung's words are holding him back.

" Why everyone is leaving me? Why does everyone hate me? "

Taehyung tears won't stop, they are overflowing and he can't stop them. He is not even drunk, he just wants to let out everything. Yet, hearing himself makes him feel more hurt. A flood of negatives thoughts overwhelms him and he cries more. What was he living all these years? A lie?

A pair of black work boots stands in front of him. Taehyung looks up to see Jungkook. He feels the urge to kiss him and transfer all his pain onto him. Taehyung is ashamed for thinking such thing when he is showing a disgraceful sight of him to the younger.

Jungkook crouches down and stares straight into Taehyung's eyes. Taehyung soon avoids his gaze. Jungkook puts both of his hands on either side of the elder's cheeks and turns his head to make him look at him. Taehyung thinks he doesn't deserve Jungkook warm hands on his cheeks. He thinks it is wrong to feel his heart pounding against his chest. What is more wrong is Jungkook moving his face forward and leaning to kiss Taehyung's lips which taste like salty tears and strawberries.

It is still sweet, Jungkook thinks as he kisses Taehyung.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry for being thiiiiiiiiiis late! I will try my best to publish another chapter tomorrow (I will try)! And omg did you guys see the teaser photos for Love_yourself ? I died almost 7 times ! They are making me emotional *cries*

By the way , thank you for the votes and comments I really appreciate it!