Chapter Three

(A/N)

Woah, so this thing has got twenty views in one day:o That's amazing c: Yeah, I know some people are just all: omg thankyou for two kazillion views and nine billion votes...And I'm just there like: TWENTY OMG but in all seriousness, thank you to anyone reading this, you're awesome:3

Sherlock's P.O.V.

The door opened with barely a sound, where I heard two pairs of feet and the clump of a cane against the wooden floor, the door shutting as quietly as it was opened, but this was no intruder.

"Hello, Brother dear." I didn't need to look up, I saw my brother about once a month, when I was called into his 'Prefect's Office' to 'talk' about my drinking, or more often, my smoking. It was a rare occasion on which I was caught, as I disabled the smoke alarm as soon as I found it hidden, disguised as a broken lightbulb, obviously to catch the addict in the act. Even that half an hour where we just sat across from each other, avoiding eye contact and any form of speech was almost too much to bear. I stayed where I was, lounging peacefully on my bed, reading.

"Hello, Mycroft, I see you've brought my new roommate." I said the dreaded word while scrunching up my nose in obvious distaste. Two words in that sentence were to my extreme disliking, but I might add my roommate's name to that list shortly. "However I thought John was arriving tomorrow morning?"

I did look up then, just to see John's reaction to a total stranger knowing his name. It was on his suitcase, obviously, as well as on his schoolbooks hanging out of his satchel. I was expecting an awkward stare, or at the very least a strange look and a request to move to a different dormitory. I was counting on this, in fact, as I had no desire to make friends, especially not with this boring specimen. However, this was not what I received. John's jaw dropped, partly revealing his straight, perfect white teeth, and the next words he spoke were, "How did you do that?" But his voice had taken on a interested tone instead of an anxious one, and his sapphire blue eyes held a strange glint of fascination.

"Well, I'd better leave you to settle in then, John, and do try not to punch my brother and get excluded on your first day." Mycroft smirked at me and left, closing the door behind him for probably the first time in his seventeen years.

"Your name? It's on your suitcases and on the schoolbook hanging out of your satchel."

"Oh!" He tucked the book firmly into the bag, and zipped it up before looking up at me again.

I couldn't help myself. "Why did you leave your mother to be terrorised by your father?" I realised how this could have hurt John's feelings- Just because I don't have them, it doesn't mean that I don't know how to use them against people, and that came in useful at times like this. John turned around and gaped at me in astonishment, before placing his hands on his hips, silently asking me to explain.

"Well, I know your father is abusive because of the nervous twitch in your eye whenever you hear a loud noise or someone touches you. You're strong enough, but not confident enough to stand up to him, but you look like you could take the pain, so who else is there for him to take it out on? You obviously don't have any younger siblings, because if you did there was no way you'd have come here leaving them virtually unprotected. You have an older brother, as your textbooks are second-hand and has the name "Harry Watson" crossed out and replaced with yours, but you don't get on with him, possibly because he drinks like your father, more likely because he takes advantage of intoxicated girls. You don't have any other siblings or certainly not any you live with, because only Harry's name is crossed out on your books. That leaves your Mother. Not the first one I've met, boring, uninteresting, tedious." I shrugged and went back to my book.

John's P.O.V.

"...That leaves your mother. Not the first one I've met, boring, uninteresting, tedious." He shrugged and went back to whatever he was reading. Maybe I should have been worried that he knew my whole life story from a few glances, possibly offended that he thought I was boring, also, but I wasn't. I was amazed.

"That...Was...Amazing." I stammered out. I dropped the small object I was holding, my 'Golden Football' trophy I won a couple of years ago, and although it rolled towards it, he made no move to pick it up, and neither did I.

He looked up in astonishment, clearly that was not the response he was used to. "You think so?"

"Of course! It was extraordinary, completely and utterly extraordinary." he looked at me like he couldn't bear to tear his eyes away from the book.

"That's not what people usually say."

"What do people usually say?" I was surprised that he wasn't used to my reaction, what he did really was phenomenal.

"Piss off!" He smirked at me and I grinned back, before he continued reading.

Before long, he spoke again. "Did I honestly get everything right?" His voice was thick with his English accent, not unlike his brothers, but his was a touch more thoughtful, it was cold as ice but had a small fire burning in it's depths.

"Yes...Except that Harry is short for Harriet. She's my sister, but yes, she does take advantage of the girls she brings home. My father was furious when she came out a year or two ago." My response was a little hesitant, why was I telling this stranger about my sister, who I usually avoided talking about at all costs? Huh. Guess I really was dying from being in solitude for so long.

"Sister...She's your sister! There's always something."

"Why did Mycroft think I'd punch you?" Sherlock may be slightly antisocial, but the way he acted was fascinating, and after knowing him for around ten minutes, I saw no reason why anyone would have a negative impression of him.

"I have a way of...let's say...irritating people." I cocked my head to the side.

"How?" I was genuinely confused. How could anyone find him 'irritating'?

"My deductions sometimes upset people, they've built up lots of very original nicknames for me over the years." The first part didn't surprise me, he had called me tedious after knowing me for about ten seconds.

"Like what?" What he said next was not what I expected.

(A/N)

Hehe cliffhanger:3 Yes, I know, two author's notes in one chapter, you guys are so lucky;) This chapter is dedicated to blondie2003 (Caitlin) because she's supported me through the slightly heartbreaking process of shipping Johnlock right from the beginning, and I just feel like she should be given a small piece of this story, to be honest I'll probably dedicate another chapter to her later on:) She also gave me my first voteeee, yaaay:D

If you want to follow in her fabulous footsteps, look no further than that little star

Stay beautiful,

Zella xo