sedici

(A/N): I seem to have gotten into the habit of naming the chapters with foreign numbers- I can roll with that. This one's going to be fluffy af but all you angst perverts; there will probably be lots in the next one. I'm going to start updating this more regularly, and by that I mean more often than once every few months. Sorry about that, by the way.
Enjoy!

John's P.O.V.
Never mind butterflies; I was feeling damned tornadoes as Sherlock dragged me down the stairs, our hands intertwined. Perhaps I should have been concerned as to where he was taking me- it was Sherlock after all. However my mind was preoccupied with other things, such as how I would manage to keep my thundering pulse under control, as I was certain he would notice it otherwise. 'But... what if he did notice? What if he didn't care? Would he pull me into a hug, would he-' I stopped my thoughts abruptly. I would not fantasise about my roommate/best friend/ the person currently holding my hand. He was brilliant, obviously, and attractive...no. I was not gay.
I was dragged from my vaguely inappropriate thoughts by the wall that was rushing towards me. I turned quickly and missed it by a fraction.
The corridors rushed past me quicker than expected; I felt buoyant. Like my wings had been clipped and a certain detective holding my hand was slowly re-healing my missing feathers: like I was flying for the first time.

Once again, I was dragged out of my thoughts by my body's attempt to protect itself from the doors (which turned out to be automatic) by bracing itself for impact just as they opened, causing me to stumble and fall into Sherlock. He turned to look at me and grinned, and there was something in the way his eyes caught the light that made me lose my breath- for reasons other than my recent clumsiness. He seemed to sense it too, as his smile faded. However it was not an unhappy expression that he now wore- more of a thinking one. I quickly became lost in my observation of him. The hand that I was still holding felt cool and smooth, like porcelain. His nose was slightly crooked, and his eyes were the colour of the Mediterranean ocean: blue and green with a spectrum of other colours mixed in. In a word, they were the most beautiful things I had ever seen.
Our heads were slowly falling forwards, almost as if it was the most natural thing to do. Eventually our foreheads touched, if he leaned down or I leaned up, our lips would be touching. I began to panic. I'm not gay! What was I doing? What would my parents say? He seemed to pull away, and all of my instincts came to life and grabbed his other hand, pulling both behind my back so he couldn't move away. He looked into my eyes, almost making me melt right there. Oh screw it. I began to lean up, fluttering my eyes shut as I did.

*BEEP*
I jerked away at the sharp noise, Sherlock spoke softly. "That'll be the taxi."

"Oh. Okay." I let go of his hands and shoved mine in my pockets, walking with haste towards the waiting cab.

(A/N):

Right hello
I know this isn't particularly long, but it's quite fluffy, sorry for the almost-kiss but neither of them are ready yet.
Thanks for 10K :3

x