"I'll help you," Shane tells her, meeting her gaze shyly. Thalia studies him and then brightens, "Okay!" she exclaims sounding happy. She starts walking away with Shane following closely, they head off towards our giant supply pile on the other side of the plane. I notice Ayden watching them closely and then scoffs rolling his eyes, "I'll go to," he says sounding like he's complaining. I give him a weird look but he ignores me.

Then he jogs off towards them without another word. Jenny watches him confused and then shrugs looking back at me, "We'll never understand him."

Everyone chuckles softly and nods in agreement. I smirk, "Very true," I reply and continue to rub Elliot's back.

"Alright let's get moving, meet back here before the storm hits. I think it's going to be a big one," I tell them taking the reigns again, my fear fades away. It's just a storm, nothing to get worked up about. I actually like storms, and right now we need a storm. We're dehydrated and trying to conserve the water best we can. The storm will take away the heat and give us free water. Though it'll also make it harder for rescuers to come find us.

But I guess we're fine for now. We can wait a little while longer, especially since my mom is here. I'm still shocked that she's alive, it seems almost impossible. But she's here. And being held against her will. How did she even get here?

"Come on Levi," Jenny says nudging my left arm. I look over at her blankly and realize I zoned out again. I see everyone else breaking away from our group and starting to gather supplies on the beach in front of us.

"Oh right," I say quickly, lowering my head for a second before lifting it again. "Come on Elliot, wanna help us pick up supplies?" I ask in a kid-like voice, slightly cocking my head. He looks up slowly with a teary gaze, he sniffles loudly and nods a couple times. He lets go of my waist and then grabs my left hand with his. I panic for a second because I can't feel his warm hand.

Then stupidly remember I don't have a real arm anymore. Sometimes I'll forget about it, other times I can't stop thinking about it. I take the lead and walk over to the crashed plane and kneel down with Elliot. I find a brown leather bag and hand it to him. Jenny followed me and walks a little aways from me and bends over to pick up a large purse.

"Take everything," I call to her, "it may come in handy later on," I remind her before turning back to my area. Elliot sits on his knees next to me watching closely. I shove my hands into the sand trying to brush it away to dig up buried luggage. I hope I don't find any bodies, I heard that Sarah found one while trying to search for medicine. I breathe loudly trying to get more oxygen because I'm so tired from trying to build that impossible shelter.

Sweat covers my entire body and I don't even feel the sand anymore. I got used to the constant gritty feeling and stopped trying to get it off me. I am wearing my black glove again to protect my hand, just in case. I am wearing a t-shirt with black sweatpants that is damp with sweat. Elliot is wearing the same thing he wore yesterday and hasn't bothered to change. He probably can't even dress himself still, but I'm not sure yet.

I never had a little brother or younger siblings so I don't know what age they are supposed to do that. Thank God he's potty trained, I was a little worried for a second. But he left with Lukas a while ago to "go" and Lukas said he did fine. The thunder sounds again and is even louder than before. I feel a rush of hot air coming from the storm and it almost knocks me over, scaring me.

Elliot yelps and curls up into a ball, staring at the storm. The wind continues to blow harder and I hear the ocean waves crashing together, louder than before. The leaves of the jungle rustle loudly making a swish noise and the branches bend and whip around. "I-It's okay," I tell Elliot quickly, grabbing the bag and his arm standing up. I pull him to his feet and scan the beach realizing everyone is running the shelter we made.