23 milf hunter

A Month Later

"What are they doing now?" one of the low-level patrolmen groaned.

They were watching: every aspect of their lives constantly, at the order of Seguerra. Parked across the street, they watched the couple hold hands as they ascended the porch steps of Caleb's father's house.

"This is so exciting."

"Really? Why?"

"He's finally letting her meet his folks!" he chirped with such enthusiasm it was as if he was commentating on his favorite reality show.

"Okay, enough," the partner growled. "This is ridiculous. We caught our guy weeks ago. If Seguerra can't accept that, then he can be out here with the binoculars. But I got better things to do!"

"But wait!"

"What?"

"Wow. Caleb's dad's wife is really hot. I wonder how this family does it?"

"Money, you idiot!" he yelled. "What the hell do you think it is?"

"Must be nice, huh?"

Next time you open your mouth, it better be about something important."

"Like what? They're just having dinner."

"EXACTLY. That's all they do. That's all they've been doing. There's no mystery here. Fuck Seguerra and his stupid hunches, I'm pulling the plug on this. The Commissioner will back me up on this."

He started the patrol car and they sped off in a cloud of smoke.

"I'm a little nervous," Ivy admitted.

"Don't be. They're gonna love you," he said as he held her in his arms. "And if they don't, kill 'em! Ha! Whoa. Never mind. I have got to stop joking like that around you."

Ivy returned an awkward giggle as he went to unlock the front door.

"Welcome back, Mr. Caleb," greeted the housekeeper. Crystal was in the living room, but didn't turn around to look, too absorbed in her bottle and talking shit about the woman they chose to host the midtown parade.

"Hey," replied Caleb. "Where's my dad? I wanted to introduce him to my new girlfriend."

"He's down in the basement. I'll tell him you're here."

She pushed the call button on the intercom, "Mr. Morris, your son is here and has a guest he'd like you to meet."

"I'll be up soon," he replied.

"Hey, Crystal," Caleb said when they reached the living room. "This is my girlfriend, Ivy. Do you mind if we watch the parade with you?"

She grunted, tossing her chin up in a half-nod. "Sit."

"Thanks, Crystal, I—"

"Not you. The help needs some assistance setting the table for dinner. Go help her."

"Um, sure, I guess, I'll just leave you two ladies here to chat. Um. Okay." He turned and left.

Crystal took another sip from her glass before offering it to Ivy.

"Oh no, none for me, thanks," she replied nervously.

"You don't have to pretend with me, dear. We're both here for the same reasons."

"I'm sorry?"

"Let me guess. You and Caleb are kindred spirits with just everything in common and you stay up all night, every night talking about your dreams and wondering why it took so long for you two to meet?"