22 confessions pt. 2

"Unless you want me to tell someone, I suggest you accept my demands."

"You bitch," Ivy hissed. "How do I know you didn't already tell?"

"Grow a brain, blondie. You know I haven't told anyone because nothing's happened to you, yet."

"Why do you want to do this? If you like Caleb so much why wouldn't you just ask him out and take your rejection like a big girl?"

"Because what's the point of having power if you can't abuse it every now and then? This is all just for fun, nothing more. Don't worry, I don't want your man. Although I must admit I've been curious about him for quite awhile. At first, I thought: 'well, obviously you're a little gold-digging bitch' but that doesn't explain the absolute thirst you've had for him, even after you got him. I watch you chase him all around the school like a needy puppy, and I just think to myself: 'what is it?' So now I want a taste, and I know you won't share. You're a pretty girl, sure, but always remember, honey, you're no match for a boss bitch."

"I'll kill you."

"Bitch, please. I'm willing to bet you won't lay a finger on me. You're too scared of disappointing your darling Caleb." The more she talked, the redder Ivy's face was getting. "You're on thin ice with him, aren't you? No more fuck-ups or he's through with you. I'm right, aren't I?"

"You can't have him!" she cried, shooting up from her stool.

Lauren leaned in, close enough so that they were cheek to cheek as she whispered, "hush, I've already called a cab for the three of us. Keep quiet, or I'll make you watch." She ran her hand down the small of her back, down to her butt. She caressed it gently before grabbing it hard and making Ivy squeal.

"Be a dear and collect my specimen for the night." She slipped away, casually sipping her martini like nothing ever happened, while Ivy lingered over the bar, mortified, seething with desperate rage. She approached Caleb, pale as a ghost, as he emerged from the bathroom.

"Caleb," she whimpered.

"Ivy, what's wrong?" he said, after discerning a look of panic on her face.

"Caleb, I need to talk to you," she whispered, taking him by the hand and pulling him away.

"What's going on?"

"She knows."

"What?"

"Lauren knows what we did."

"What? How!"

"I don't know! But she knows!"

"About Max?" He made sure to whisper that extra quietly.

"Yes!"

"How?"

"I don't know!"

"What did she... how could she have found out before the detectives?"

"Caleb, I don't know."

"What are we gonna do? Is she going to tell the police?" Ivy wouldn't respond. She was looking at her feet; her eyes were welling up with tears.

"Ivy? Ivy, has she told anyone?"

"She said she wouldn't tell anyone, but," she pouted meekly.

"'But?' But what?"

"In exchange for her silence, she wants to have sex with you!" she exclaimed. It was loud enough for the two or three people within earshot to hear it and ponder the context. Caleb's face turned completely red.

"What?" he muttered with a half-smirk.

"Don't look so excited!" she cried, slapping him on the arm.