20 david's room

She swept a fallen leaf out of her golden bangs, exposing her round, pinkish forehead as it spilled out into the green grass like a curly yellow fan, looking up at the sun peeking in through the treetops. She got up and shook her sundress before returning to her water spout. She had stopped at the daisies, one of her favorite flowers because they looked like eggs cooked sunny-side up. They were large; the petals were pure white. They were pretty, all on display and gently dancing in the breeze. One began to bend the other way, and then came a little twitch, a sudden outburst. Pretty wings emerged, and fluttered above the girl. A pretty butterfly had nestled and rested atop the yellow stigma, with wings folded, quietly and gracefully. Its blotchy colors poured out beneath the high sun, they captivated the girl, compelled her to follow them into the forest beneath the tall trees.

The sunlight was at her back now. Her shadow led the way in front. Yet, another appeared: a shadow that stood still. It greeted her shadow, offering a familiar warmth for a brief embrace.

"What makes you love them daisies so much, baby girl?" said the shadow. She was driven to turn back, but she found nothing. The shadow had dissipated; dispersed by the radiant beams of light that brushed all of the blackness to the wayside.

"Ivy," a faraway voice rang out in admonition.

"Ivy... Ivy!"

Ivy lay there beneath the messy covers, alone in her bed. Before she knew it, a tiny grin had appeared on her face, and she found himself beaming with every tooth showing. Caleb had already left for work, so she knew she would be on her own for the day.

Once she compelled herself out from underneath her sheets, Ivy turned on her TV and picked up her VR headset and wireless controller. The monitor lit up and chat bubbles began to flow up the screen.

"David? Good morning, my love," she happily recited. Her gleeful lips moved effortlessly, as she softly sang the words to her partner on the other end.

"You like what I'm wearing? I know you do. Because I wore it just for you. I know what you like."

A bell rang every time a donation was paid, and a currency symbol would travel up the screen and evaporate near the top.

"Aw, thank you so much, baby. You're the best!"

Her live chat was racing with unlimited heart emojis and love confessions.

"Do I have a boyfriend? I told you, I don't."

"I'm yours, David. You're the one who makes me happy."