Chapter 12: Questions And Answers

There may be a few things, I'll add in the story, that you might not like in real life, but it's part of the story. Example: When Lady Salquet asks if you want tea, you, the reader, responds that you sometimes drink it, if you have to. So, if you don't like tea, then pretend that its your favorite drink, or something. I'm just trying to make the story, have the time setting from back then, but at the same time, Descendants time.

The picture above, is what Lady Salquet looks like, and what she normally wears.

Y/N POV

        After I changed into better clothes, the maid showed me the way, to Lady Salquet's office. "Maid, bring us something to drink, and a snack." "Of course, my lady," the maid bowed, and quickly left the room. "Y/N, your outfit suits you. But, as a princess, I thought you would wear something more.......in the princess category." She went over to her desk, and looked at me. "I guess, I'm not all about, looking like a princess," standing in front of the table.

"You said, earlier, that your last was Targaryen. Daenerys daughter?" I nodded. "Correct. May I ask, why you ask?" She took a breath, opened a drawer, and pulled some paper out, placing it down on the table. "Me, and your mother, knew each other for awhile. Best friends since we were little. But, years after she got married, and became queen, she stopped talking to me. The letters I would get, all stopped. So, I was never told, that she had a daughter."

Lady Salquet looked down at the blank papers, and I could see that she was feeling heartbroken, just talking about the subject. "I sent her a letter, after my husband passed away, during a war, and she didn't respond. But, if she just sent one letter, saying she had you, I would be excited," she said, looking up at me. "Lady Salquet..." She interrupted me. "Just call me, Adelaide." "Adelaide. Maybe there is a understandable explanation, why my mother didn't respond to your letters."

"What explanation is there?" I quickly tried to think, trying to stand up for my mom, and I thought of a few things. "Since, I am her daughter, and have lived with her, for quite some time. She has been busy with being queen. Its not a easy task, having to take care of a child, seven kingdoms, and a village, full of people. Our palace was built, close to where the white walkers basically live, and so she has to protect everyone. I'm positive you understand."

Adelaide looked back down, and I think I made her feel bad, and I started to feel bad as well. "Look, sorry if I made you feel bad, but she doesn't have a lot of time on her hands. I bet, she really did want to answer you, but she didn't have time. And, when she did, she probably had to get up, and do something," I said, and the queen lifted her head. The maid came back, carrying a sliver tray with teacups, a teapot, and some biscuits. "Place the tray on the other table." Adelaide pointed over at a smaller table, which the maid placed the tray down.

"Anything else, my lady?" Adelaide shook her head, and the maid bowed down again, and left. "Here," she said, motioning to the chair, and moving. "Take a seat, if you want, and you can write a letter to your mom. Let her know, your safe, and staying here. I'll have my messenger bring it to her, but it'll take a couple days for him to get there, and come back. If she writes back, it'll take longer." Walking behind the desk, and taking a seat, I picked up the quill, dipped it in the ink, and began writing.

"Do you drink tea?" "Sometimes. If I have to," I said, as she poured a cup for herself. "Would you like a cup tea?" "Yes, please." Adelaide poured tea into the other cup, and brought it over. "Thank you," when she placed it down, and I took a small sip, being careful not to burn the living fuck, out of my tongue. "Seems like your mother, did a amazing job raising you, and teaching you manners." Placing the cup back down on the small plate, I looked up at Adelaide. "She did......I have a question."