Chapter Eighteen: Invisible

Chapter Eight

Lizzie

My feet ache from walking. I don't know when we'll get to Terminus. I feel kind of sketchy about Terminus. What if it got overrun by Walkers? But, what if it really is a sanctuary. There is no such thing as a sanctuary anymore.

"Are you feeling alright?" I hear Carol ask.

I look up and meet her eyes.

"Yeah. How much longer?" I ask.

"Two miles." She says.

Two. Just two miles away from finding out what Terminus really is. I feel Carl tighten his grip on my hand. I look at him and meet his stare. He gives me a reassuring look and I smile. It's been a week since we last stopped at the house. It's been a week since I've been with Carl. I love him. I really do.

My stomach suddenly takes a turn. I stop walking and I gasp.

"What's wrong?" Carl asks me.

Carol walks to my side and swings her arm around my shoulder.

"Lizzie, honey, are you alright?" Carol asks me.

There is a sharp stabbing pain in my stomach. Then, it just feels like someone stuck their hand in my stomach, took ahold of my intestines, and turned them around. I let go of Carls hand and run to the woods. I throw up behind a tree and Carol rushes to me.

"I hate meat." I tell her.

She laughs and leads me back to the tracks.

"She probably has food poisoning. She'll be fine." Carol says.

Carl grabs my hand again and we continue walking. Judith begins to fuss and we decide to stop. Judith cries louder and louder by the minute.

"Rick," Tyreese says,"We need to calm her down now. They'll hear her."

"I'm trying my best." Rick says.

"May I see her?" I ask him.

He gives me a look but soon puts Judith in my arms. I wrap her blanket tighter around her and gently rub her back. In about a minute, she calms down. Her eyes close and soft snores escape her tiny mouth.

"You're really good with kids." Carol says.

I look up at her and smile.

"I guess. I practically raised Mika." I say.

Everything falls silent. For a few minutes, no one looks at each other. I gun shot runs off it he distance. Ricks head shoots up and he stands up and pulls out his gun.

"Stay here," he says,"I'll check it out."

He runs off and for a few minutes everything is silent again. Then, we hear screaming. A woman's scream. Tyreese and Carl stand up.

"Where are you going?" Carol asks and stands up.

"Rick could be in danger." Tyreese says.

"He said to stay here." Carol strikes.

"I'm not going to let my dad die." Carl says.

I hold Judith close to me at the sound of Rick dying. Judith living her life with just Carl.

"I'm coming too." Carol says.

"Lizzie, stay here." Carl says.

"No, I want to come." I say.

I stand up and look him in the eyes.

"We have to keep you and Judith safe. Stay here." He says.