Chapter 19- Free Thinking

A/N: Here's the new chapter! Sorry for the wait, you dudes are awesome for being so patient!

*Ali's POV*

I'm actually awake to hear the doorbell ring today. Jordan is out on a video shoot, and Percy is at the soccer practice that we put him in a few days ago. He was getting bored, sitting around the house all day. But, then again, so am I. So I'm alone today.

I answer the door, opening it to see Mitch. His eyes flit around, his shoulders seem tense. "Can I talk to you?" he asks, seeming agitated, or distraught. I nod, letting him in. He walks into the kitchen, leaning on the counter and staring out towards the window. "I have a problem." He mutters. I raise an eyebrow "And what would that problem be?" He sighs "We invited a new member into Team Crafted. But Adam and Ty seem pretty against it." He says carefully, obviously frustrated. I blink. They don't let new people in very easily. In fact, they seem more fond of kicking them. "Well, majority wins, right?" I say, shifting my weight. He nods "Yeah. He's in. But I'm worried about what it might do to the rest of the team." I purse my lips. "Ok. What's the worst that could happen?" He takes no time at all to respond. "They leave. The fans are devastated and I lose my friends." I blink, not really sure what to say to that. That is pretty bad. I see why he's upset. He glances at me "You understand now?" I nod, sighing. "Well, who is it?" He tenses up a bit, looking down. "Ah... Ryan."

I freeze in place; staring at him in shock Jordan was right. They got to him. They stole him from his friend. I'll be honest; I never expected it to come to this. "What?" I say, suddenly upset, my voice quietly angry. He holds up a hand "Probably shouldn't have told you that." I stare at him for a moment, eyes flaring. "Mitch do you have any idea what this is going to do to Jordan?!" I say, punctuating every word. He runs a hand through his hair. "That's all you care about, isn't it?" I shake my head. He looks at me. "Yeah, it is. Have you ever thought about me? Or even Ryan? Have you ever thought about what we want!?" he yells. I blink, a little taken off guard by his emotions. But it's clear to me now. It may have started off as a revenge project against Jordan, but they really are friends now. It's just unfortunate that it's that way. I'd be more ok with hating them if it wasn't. "Maybe I'd give it more thought if it wasn't a matter of hurting someone I love!" I yell back, growing increasingly angry. He laughs in frustration. "Open your eyes, Ali! He's all that you care about! What about you? Don't you even have a life of your own anymore?!" I ball up my fists, furious. But he goes on. "Or is it all just Jordan, Jordan, Jordan?!" he yells, standing straight up. Obviously this has been resting in his mind for a while. "Of course I..." I start off loudly, but trail off, what he said sinking in. I pause, thinking. He raises an eyebrow "Oh? Finally getting it?" I glare at him, frustrated that he's forced me into this situation. I don't want to admit that he's right. "How many times have you left this apartment in the past two weeks?" I stay silent, knowing my answer won't help my case. He leans back on the counter, looking at me. "Just think about that." He says, more quietly. But not in a gloating tone. Good thing, too, or I might have punched him. I swallow. He's right, and I know that. It does seem like all I do revolves around Jordan. Whether it be that I'm grateful to him, or just obsessed, I never really stop thinking about him. All of my decisions, all of my thoughts, everything always starts with Jordan. Would Jordan like that? Does Jordan have something going on? Maybe I need to start thinking for myself. Mitch just watches me for a moment. "With that in mind, do you want to come over for a bit?" I blink. What if Jordan- I stop dead in my thoughts. It's become such a habit. Something needs to change. What if I don't care what Jordan would think for once? I nod "Yeah. Let's go." It almost feels like an act of defiance. Of course, it isn't. That would be ridiculous. Jordan doesn't control me. It's by my own patterns that it's become this way. So I need to take the reins for myself. I'm sure that won't be a problem for him. Mitch grins "That's what I'm talking about."

We head back over to the LA house. It's been a while since I've seen them. Actually, it's the first time. The last was while I was in my coma. But it doesn't feel like I don't know them. It only feels like I've missed them. Still, it's surreal. "Ashlee's over too. And Lucy." Mitch mentions as we pull into the driveway. The names strike a certain memory into my mind, fake as it may be. I press my lips together "Mm." I say. Mitch pulls up extremely close to what I believe to be Jerome's car, judging by the bacca bumper sticker. I raise an eyebrow and he laughs "I do it on purpose. It drives him crazy. No pun intended." I laugh, getting out of the car carefully. "Well come on then!" Mitch yells, already at the door. I grin and jog after him, feeling a bit freer than I have in a while

A/N: Thanks for reading doods! Slap dat vote button and drop a comment if you enjoyed!

Also, did anyone get to go to PAX? I didn't:(, but I'd love to hear from any who did!

-Argo