Is Chris in love?

It was 12:23 AM and Jane was in the kitchen table remaking her project, the only light on was the lamp, rest of the room was dark. Suddenly Chris appeared. He was wearing pijama trousers and an unbottoned pijama sweatshirt.
- Hello Jane.

Jane was surprised, she turned around.

- Oh hi.. Chris.

- Hi, i wanted to tell you that i have been the whole night thinking about what you told me. And i think you are a lovely and nice girl.

She felt so good.- Hah, well thanks, you really think so?

- Yeah, yes i do. Plus nobody ever said things like the ones you said to me.

She turned around and began to complete her project again.- Not even your girlfriend??- she laughed.

-What girlfriend?

She stopped and turned around again.- You have a girlfriend...right?

- No..... i don't!! What are you saying?

- I thought you had a girlfriend.. i mean you are a popular guy.. you must have a girlfriend.

- Hahahaha. And who says? Is it a rule or something?

- I'm just saying i mean every popular guy has a girlfriend.

-Well i don't. And wherever you heard that from, that's bullshit. 

-Yeah right!!

-I'm serious! Besides every popular girl is the same. They want boyfriends to gain more popularity. I want a girl who can at least love me?

- And what are you waiting to find her?

Chris sat next to Jane- I don't know, maybe i will never find her.. or.. maybe she is nearer than what i think.- he said.

Jane and Chris started looking at each other closely, deep, brightly. Then, he pulled his head near Jane's, they were about to kiss. Jane stopped.- OH! UM... LOOK AT THE TIME! IS, IS 12:55 AM, YOU MUST BE SO TIRED.

- Actually i'm not..

- Really? That's good but well, i am, so um.. goodbye and ahh.. see you tomorrow. She carried her project and went straight to her room. She was shocked. Was he in love with her?