chapter ninety-two

chapter ninety-two
fake
[anya rose steinburg]
-
"i'm sure you'll do great tonight, don't stress babe." i sigh, flattening out the collar of shawns shirt with my hands. "you always kill it out there, don't be nervous just because we're in a new place."

shawn currently is getting very bad pre-stage nerves, considering it's his first huge show in new zealand.

"will you stay in the audience?" he asks me. "i need to look over and see you."

"you know i'm gonna be in the reserved seating near the controls anyway." i reassure him, cupping his cheek and running the pad of my thumb gently against it. "i gotta go, but i promise as soon as you step on stage i'll be there."

"anya i don't think i can do this." he panics, breathing heavily.

"shawn, calm down hunny." i whisper. "you'll be amazing, i promise."

"you'll be out there, right in the middle?" i nod at shawn, as he sighs, nodding. "okay."

"i love you, and i know you'll be the rockstar i know you are." i tell him, pressing my lips to his firmly. "i'll meet you here after the show, okay?"

"i love you more, angel." he smiles gently at me, a soft pink running at his cheeks. he pecks my forehead gently, before i move away from his grasp, brushing the stray hairs from his forehead.

"you'll do great." i smile, before walking out of the backstage area, slinging my team lanyard around my neck, and walking to the area in between the stage and the first barrier. i quickly walk across it, climbing over the barrier at one part, before heading across the floor of the arena to the reserved seating. i gaze at the stage controls lying in front of me, remembering how i helped out in this section during the last shows of shawns american tour.

"you wanna help out tonight?" tom asks me, flipping a few controls, noticing my glances.

"i'd honestly love to." i chuckle. "can i have my old job back?"

"of course! you know, you should talk to andrew about having this job, we always need help here." he suggests. "plus that gives you an excuse to come everywhere with the team, of course, apart from your reason of shawn." the both of us share a laugh, as i nod, walking to the controls table. "you remember how to use this, right?"

"yeah, sort of." i chuckle, placing my hands against the keys.

"turn down the arena lights, i think we're starting." he notices the band getting on stage, and i see zubin nod at us.

"let's get this started." i turn down the lights, making everyone in the arena begin to cheer rapidly. almost immediately, the welcoming visuals come on, shawns achievements bellowing into the arena, and the band improvising a tune, before mike finishes off on the drums, just as the illuminate opening visuals end. tom opens up the entrance where shawn comes through, the stage lifting up in that section and revealing a set of steps.

shawn immediately comes up, strumming away the opening to there's nothing holdin' me back, immediately looking up to find me. he notices me at the controls and smiles widely, before walking up to the microphone, and starting to sing.
-
"thank you so much auckland! goodbye!" shawn cheers through the microphone, before running off of stage, his guitar slung over his back.

"alright, you can go, i got it from here." tom laughs, seeing my eyes trailing shawn. "thanks for the help, anya."

"no problem, see you at the hotel!" i walk across the reserved seating area, down the steps and back onto the floor of the arena.

"anya! can we get a picture?" a fan yells at me, rushing up to me in shawns merchandise.

"of course, here, pass me your phone." i laugh, as the girl hands me her phone, and the two of us pose for a picture.