chapter eleven

chapter eleven
fake
[shawn peter raul mendes]
-
i get to the airport with geoff and my dad, six hours before the actual flight. terrible, the last five days have been without anya.

i shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like i did, after all, she is my girlfriend, i should listen to her, and believe her.

i did meet up with camila in the end. it was just a casual dinner, then i left straight after we had paid, saying i had work to do. i haven't spoken to her since.

"shawn come on, we're going back home today." my dad tries to cheer me up, but i shrug, looking at all the cars pulling up at jfk, none of them with anya in it.

"i'm gonna wait for anya, you head in." i say to geoff and my dad.

"okay but don't be too long. two hours." my dad says.

"dad i'm 18, and i'll be waiting here okay?" i assure him, as he nods, chuckling and walking off with geoff. i sit on my luggage, holding my guitar in one hand, waiting for anya to come up.

a car pulls round, and a brunette steps out, carrying her black handbag, and going to the back, getting her luggage.

she takes them, stepping onto the curb and sees me, freezing.

"hey honey." i mumble, walking closer to her. she steps back, leaning against the car.

"don't." she snaps, taking her stuff and walking past me quickly. i sigh, following her into the airport, checking in my bags, collecting my ticket and going through security.

anya does her own thing after, and i find geoff and my dad sitting in a starbucks.

"well?" geoff asks.

"she's never going to forgive me." i sigh, putting my head in my hands. "she's going to break up with me and then andrew will find me another girlfriend and then i'll go through the exact same thing and it's so frustrating."

"she will forgive you, don't loose hope son." my dad says, putting his hand on my back. i sigh, looking up and shrugging.

"lets not jinx it." i say sarcastically.
***
walking into the plane, i hunt for business class row 3, seat b. i find it, and anya sits in the seat next to the window, looking out of it, her phone resting on the table. i sigh, putting my guitar and rucksack in the upper holdall, sitting in the seat. she looks at me, but then turns her attention to the window again.

"i guess this is going to be like our first flight together." i joke, trying to lighten the mood. she doesn't respond, and instead puts headphones in her ears, blocking me out completely. i frown, looking in front of me, instead of at her.

the plane takes off, and it's a one and a half hour journey to toronto. i close my eyes, but can't seem to fall asleep because of anyas constant tossing and turning. i sigh, putting up the arm rest, shaking her slightly. she opens her eyes and looks at me.

"come here." i say, holding my arm out. she doesn't think twice and quickly gets into my embrace, curling her feet up on the seat, resting against my chest.

she falls asleep within seconds.
***
"anya, wake up." i gently shake her, since we have landed. "hun."

"hmm." her eyes flutter open and she removes herself from my arms, standing up and getting her things together. i stand up, taking my stuff from the cabin above me, holding them in my hands.

i get out first, however i let anya go out of the plane in front of me. we get to the airport, doing the usual check ins, meeting fans, and then my mum picking us up from the airport, instead of a taxi.