chapter thirty-one

chapter thirty-one
fake
[anya rose steinburg]
-
oh gosh, why am i overreacting about this? shawn didn't mean a thing, i hope. i'm so stupid.

"well, put your ring on before he gets here." kelsey says to me, finishing her coffee.

"kelsey, i just told you! shawn and i are moving too fast!" i shout at her. "i'm not ready to be engaged!"

"you were the one who went along with it in the first place! look, do you love him?"

"of course i do!" i argue back. "but he leaked the information via someone he knows is trying to get into his boxers!"

"have they fucked before?" kelsey suddenly asks me.

"what? no!" i say back to her. "i don't know- we were on a break." i finally sigh. "could he have though? i don't know what goes through his head, and what happens in his life!"

"maybe amber forced it to him and he realised you aren't a part of his life, and then he leaked the info, thus having that shouting fit at you." kelsey pieces together.

"he wouldn't though, would he?" i ask softly. "i mean the worst he's done is kiss another girl, and that was a dare."

"he kissed another girl? in front of you?" kelsey suddenly bursts, as i nod. "dump him, anya! you don't know what else he's done!"

someone's phone starts ringing, and kelsey and i look at each other, confused. "that's not my phone." we both say.

"shawn." i mumble, going up to where the noise is coming from. i see his phone, and i pick it up quickly, seeing chris calling him. i answer it, sighing.

"shawn?" she asks. "andrew just texted me, are you staying with me?"

"it's anya." i come out with. "and he's staying with me, i just told him about twenty minutes ago."

"what happened?" chris asks confused. i explain what happened, and she stays quiet the entire time.

"chris what are you hiding from me?" i ask, standing up.

"i'm not hiding anything." she lies.

"chris..." i sigh. "tell me."

"shawn and amber had a flirty relationship when you were on the break with him." she says slowly. "don't tell shawn i told you, please."

"i'm his fiancée." i say softly. "not anymore, he basically cheated on me!"

"anya, calm down, you don't know the full story yet." chris says. "look ill come to your place."

"okay, so then shawn will have to admit things." i sigh. "how could he?"

"anya-" chris starts.

"no! me and him have been engaged for literally four days, and already this is messed up!" i shout. a knock is heard at the door and i freeze. "shit that's him, i gotta go." i hang up quickly, putting his phone down where i found it, before rushing to answer the door.

"anya i don't even know what they said but-"'

"don't even." i cut him off. "when were you going to tell me that you had a casual relationship with amber?"

"how did you find out?" i laugh sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"you didn't even bother to advocate responsibility." i glare at him. "i can't believe you."

"i was annoyed at you for getting closer to brooklyn!" shawn argues.

"have i talked to him since though? what if i began a flirty relationship with i don't know, brian while we were on a break?" he stays quiet. "exactly."