chapter thirty-eight

fake
[shawn peter raul mendes]
-
"hey baby!" amber comes into my hotel room, sitting on my unmade bed. "do you wanna go out today?"

"i'm not in the mood amber, and i have press." i say to her, grabbing my jacket. "i'm going for breakfast with brian, so i'll see you later."

"but babe..." she moans, as i sigh, gathering my things, getting frustrated.

"amber i'm not your babe, and if i'm honest, i want to be single." i say to her. "now if you would please go away, that would be the best for both of us." she frowns at me, rolling her eyes and storming out of my room.

i let out a sigh i didn't realise i was holding, feeling bliss.

why did i kiss anya last night?

strapping my watch on my wrist, i take my phone and wallet, heading out of my hotel room and waiting outside brian's.

"dude, are you ready yet?" i knock, sighing.

"yeah, lets go." he opens the door, and shuts it behind him, as we both walk to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. "so how was your walk to anya's hotel room?" brian asks me as soon as we are sat with our food.

"i-i made out with her?" i stutter out. "man i swear she's like a drug, i can't get enough of her."

"you're whipped." brian chuckles, making me roll my eyes. "come on, you proposed to her, you're head over heels in love."

"i'm not!" i lie. "okay maybe." i sigh. "i told myself i wouldn't but i can't stop."

"then start again with her." i shake my head at him.

"no matter how hard we try, we end up fighting and in tears, both of us. i don't want to be in a relationship where all we do is fight. she doesn't deserve that." i explain.

"and here she is, ten o'clock." i gaze at her, gulping immediately.

"do i look okay?" i quickly ask. "is my hair okay?"

"dude, you're not a girl!" brian laughs. "shawn you're an idiot."

"does my breath stink of eggs?" i breathe out, getting into a funk, nervous from her being here.

"shawn!" brian snaps at me. "you're shawn mendes, you don't feel like a nervous teenage girl around her crush okay? you feel like a badass idiot."

"badass idiot, okay." i breathe, finishing my tea. anya turns her eyes to me and blushed slightly, looking away. i smile softly, turning back to brian.

"i got this." i stand up, walking towards her, slipping my hand purposely around her body to reach a plate.

"hey how did you sleep?" i ask her, reaching behind her, brushing my hand on her lower back, taking a spoon.

"u-um great, how about you?" she gets out, helping herself to fruit.

"oh, amazing." i smirk, leaning down to her ear. "i don't regret that kiss last night."

"neither do i." she murmurs back, a powder pink coating her cheeks. "my room, at 12, chris is meeting up with friends."

"you got it." i mumble back, taking fruit for myself, going back to brian.

"you did not just do that." brian tells me, shaking his head. i smirk.

"oh i did."
-
"um wow." anya flips off me, breathing heavily and lying down on the other side of the bed. i chuckle nervously, leaning down to grab my boxers.

"i'll see you tonight then." i stand up, changing again, smirking at her confused face.

"where are you going?" she asks me.