chapter forty-four

chapter forty-four
fake
[anya rose steinburg]
-
shawn grabs onto my hand, biting his lip as he calls up his family over facetime, his laptop placed on the seat in front of us.

"are you sure you want to move in together? i know your family mean a lot to you." i ask him softly, squeezing his hand.

"i've been planning to move out anyway, it's just i don't want my mum to react badly." he says quickly, before the facetime call is answered.

"anya!" aaliyah says cheerily, answering the call.

"no hi to me then?" shawn laughs, rolling his eyes.

"hey aaliyah, how's school?" i ask her, as she laughs at shawn.

"schools great, how are you feeling? shawn told me about what happened yesterday." i sigh, smiling slightly.

"i'm fine, thanks aaliyah." i say reassuringly.

"hey, liyah, get mum and dad, we have something to say." aaliyah looks at us suspiciously.

"you aren't expecting a baby are you?" shawn laughs, shaking his head.

"god no, not yet anyway." he squeezes my hand again. "go get mum and dad."

"they're here, i'm in the kitchen." she motions shawns parents to come to the camera.

"oh anya, so lovely to see you!" karen says happily to me.

"anya, hello, how are you doing?" manny asks me, as i laugh, shaking my head.

"really feeling the love here guys." shawn says sarcastically, making me laugh.

"how's london you two?" karen asks, as shawn and i shrug.

"it's okay, i'm staying here for a bit because of my concussion, but i'll be back in the city at the end of the month." i say.

"well you know where i'll be." shawn laughs, putting his hand on my thigh. "anyway, we have something to say."

"you're engaged again?" karen asks, making me laugh, shaking my head.

"no, but you're close." i say.

"you aren't pregnant are you?" she asks me, seriousness all over her face. "shawn peter raul mendes i swear-"

"mum she's not pregnant." shawn states. "anya and i have decided to move in together. we found a house in ajax and it's perfect for us. i can afford it myself, and so can anya to be fair, and she's not going to be able to stay in the city because of her roommate moving to the hamptons with her cousin because they're getting married and-"

"shawn stop rambling." aaliyah says, making us all laugh.

"what shawn was trying to say is that you know we've got to that point when we realised we are stuck together, no matter what happens." i say, as shawn chuckles, looking down. "i hate the city with every bone in my body now, and i miss him too much when we are apart, i'm loosing my roommate to my cousin- which i still don't agree with but that's besides the point-"

"what anya's trying to say is that we found a house and we're making a deal as soon as we get to toronto, which will be straight after asia." shawn says.

"i'm proud of you two." manny smiles at us.

"mum?" shawn asks softly, as she sighs, smiling at us.

"well at least your tea won't occupy my cupboard space, and you're only a drive away, so i'm fine." she finally says, making shawn let out a sigh he didn't realise he was holding.

"liyah?" shawn asks her, as she looks down.

"hold on i think my phones ringing." shawn looks down too, sighing sadly, and then i realise it was aaliyah's phone we were on facetime to, as aaliyah runs away.

"i'll talk to her." karen says, rushing after her. i look at shawn and he looks shocked, but saddened too.

"let me talk to him for a second." i tell manny. "we'll talk soon."

"have a great day you two, and shawn, please don't mind your sister, she's probably just sad you're leaving." they hand up, leaving our screen blank, as shawn almost collapses into a fit of cries, hunching over and shaking.

"shawn!" i exclaim, standing up and crouching in front of him. "baby look at me." i tell him, pulling his hands off of his face. "shawn, honey please."

"i-i can't move away- i can't." he says to me. "i can't deal with thinking that aaliyah is sad."

"she's in shock shawn, she wasn't expecting it." i remind him, running my hands over his back. "she supports you, i promise."

"b-but her face- and she lied to get out of there!" he grumbles, crying.

"she's sad about it shawn, but you'll see her every day, it's only a twenty minute drive away, like you said." i say comforting him. "shawn if you don't wanna move, i'll stay in the city."

"no-no just ignore me, i'm sad." he sniffles. "i want to move in with you."

"don't worry hunny." i whisper. "she supports you, i promise."

"i-i know, i don't know what overcame me." he stutters, sitting up, and wrapping his arms around me. "time for your family, and kelsey."

"well kelsey's probably gonna be like good for you, and my parents will be like great now your even further away from us." i roll my eyes. "i'm not calling them or telling them till the wedding."

"fair enough." shawn shrugs at me. "how are you feeling today?"

"i'm okay, my head still hurts though." he smiles softly at me, leaning forward and kissing my forehead.

"i'm leaving tomorrow." i frown. "but i'll see you in toronto right?"

"tell me when your there and i'll get a train to toronto." i say to him. "i can't believe i'm missing seeing you in freaking japan, like do you know how shook you would be?"

"because of the green tea most likely." he laughs at me, as i scoff, rolling my eyes.

"that's pretty true." i shrug, laughing with him. "i really wanna go shopping." i pout.

"i would take you out but you're in bed rest for another two days." shawn says to me, as i groan, rolling my eyes.

"you know every time i'm here i never shop, and london is amazing for shopping." i say. "to be fair i have saved a lot of money by not shopping, but still."

shawn rolls his eyes at me, pulling me onto his lap. "i miss you already, and i'm not even gone yet."

"you have attachment issues." i tease, making him laugh.

"to you, i do." he whispers, burying his head in my neck. "you don't think aaliyah is mad at me for moving?"

"of course not." i reassure him. "she's probably sad because she'll miss you."

"i guess." shawn shrugs. "i love you so much, you know that right?"

"you remind me about a million times a day, but i love you more." i beam, making shawn chuckle.

"i just like saying it." he says softly. "it's got a good ring to it."

"just like anya rose mendes right?" i giggle. "i heard you when you were talking to those first aid people." he blushes beetroot red, looking down and frowning. "don't be sad, i like it."

"well i promise, you'll have it soon." he brings my hands to his lips. "right now, i don't wanna mess up how we're going."

"i'll tell you when i'm ready." i whisper to him, as he smiles sadly at me, moving his hands so he's cupping my cheeks.

"you're beautiful, you know that right?" i smile at him, leaning forward and planting my lips on his. "i'm so in love with you, anya rose steinburg."

i pull away, cupping his cheeks, and wiping away the past tears on his face. "i can't wait to move in with you."
-
i'm gonna do a time skip to when they're back in toronto for the next chapter, this is purely a filler.