chapter seventy-seven

fake
[anya rose steinburg]
-
waking up at 3am any day, isn't at all pleasant. it doesn't help that shawn is leaving today. even though it's only for two weeks, i'm still away from shawn, and at the current good state we are in, i don't want to be away for him.

"hey, can you go get my passport for me? it's in my nightstand." shawn asks me, as he puts down his mug of tea.

"sure, anything else?" i ask, as he thinks for a couple of moments.

"my ring you gave me? it's on my desk," he pauses.

"i'll be down in a few seconds." i peck his cheek, before rushing up the stairs to get the things shawn needs. i hunt in his nightstand for his passport, before i grab his ring off of the desk. after closing his bedroom door, i walk back down the stairs, seeing shawn at the door with his luggage.

"thank you, darling." he mumbles, putting his passport in his backpack, and the ring on his finger. "are you sure you're gonna be okay to drive back from the airport?"

"i'll be fine, i'm in barely any pain anymore." i remind him. "do you need anything else?"

"no, i'm certain i have everything." he yawns. "lets go before geoff, mike and zubin get angry at me." we share a laugh, as shawn opens up the front door, taking his bags out to the jeep, pushing them into the boot of the car.

i climb into the front passenger seat of the car, as shawn shuts the boot, his shoulders dropping, whilst he rushes back into the house, setting the house alarm. after a few seconds, he enters the car, sighing and running a hand through his hair.

"are you sure you're gonna be okay alone? i can always ask-" i cut shawn off with a chuckle, nodding.

"i will be fine shawn, don't be worried." i remind him, placing my hand on his thigh. "i'm fine now, aren't i?"

"i guess." he shrugs. "i just don't want you to overdo yourself, you still have to be resting."

"you're parents are literally a ten minute drive away from here, if i need anything i'll call them." i say to him. "don't worry, and enjoy yourself while you're there. dude, this audience is gonna be huge, you do realise that right?"

"yeah, i know." he chuckles, starting up the car. "you have access to the rest of my clothes in my wardrobe, and if you need somewhere to calm down, or if you're missing me, you can go down to my studio down in the basement, i give you permission." he winks at me, as i roll my eyes. "i mean most of the guitars are out of there, but there's still a piano, and somewhere to sit."

"i feel honoured." i laugh, as shawn smiles, driving out of the road he lives on.

"when i get back, i promise we will go somewhere, because you'll be better." he decides. "maybe we can plan a trip to the cabin in upstate new york, it's nice there."

"i'd like that." i smile softly at him, as he holds onto my hand, bringing it to his lips.

the rest of the journey is quiet, apart from the occasional humming of shawn as songs blare out from his car speakers, and a quiet sigh coming from either one of us.

arriving at the airport, i help shawn with his bags, but he just laughs at me, and grabs a trolley, putting his bags and three guitars with him on there, before spotting geoff, mike and zubin at the doors to the airport, along with a few fans.

"do you want to come inside the airport?" shawn asks me softly, playing with my hand.

"shawn we're in a waiting bay, but sure, what the heck." i chuckle, as he smiles at me, wheeling the trolley with one hand, and his other hand holding mine.

"wait is anya coming with us?" geoff asks, as soon as we get to the doors, and shawns greeted the fans waiting there.

"no, i'm staying in toronto, because of the recovery." i answer, greeting the three of them with hugs. "sadly you're only gonna have shawn with you."

"how depressing." zubin jokes, making me laugh, and shawn playfully roll his eyes. "i guess you two want some space to say bye? shawn we'll take your stuff in."

"thanks," he says, letting go of the trolley, as mike takes it instead.

"i'll see you guys soon, i'm not leaving anytime soon." i say to the three, as they all smile, bidding me goodbye, before walking back into the airport.

"i know it's my career, but i really don't want to leave you." shawn mumbles, linking his arms around my waist.

"i don't want to be away from you either, but you'll be back soon, right?" i cup his cheek gently. "then it's just a you and me till asia and australia."

"next year, i'm taking a break, andrew and i decided no touring, apart from award shows and off chance performances." he mumbles. (this might not happen irl for him but just deal with it ) "then it can really be just me and you, for a year."

"you're taking a year off?" i ask him, as he nods, a small smile on his lips.

"i'm exhausted, anya." he says softly, making my heart swell. "plus i've been solid touring for the past three years, i need a break, and that gives us more time to just simply be together and relax for once."

"i'm gonna miss you," i mumble, pulling him into a hug, burying my head in his neck.

"hey, i'm gonna miss you so much more." he whispers back, pecking my cheek. "but next year, just me and you."

"just me and you." i repeat, nodding. "take care, love." he pulls me away from his neck, sending me a soft smile, and cupping my cheeks.

"see you soon, hunny." he leans down, pressing his lips onto mine, as i sigh into it, shutting my eyes and kissing him back. "don't miss me too much." he jokes, pulling away.

"i'll try." i smile, as his lips turn upwards. "now go, before they get angry at you."

"before i go," he pauses, going into his pocket, and pulling out a ring; one that i recognise to be the first ring he gave me. "please don't give this back to me."

"i won't even dream of it." he picks up my hand, slipping the ring onto my finger, and pecking my hand gently.

"goodbye, m'love." he sends me a toothy smile, walking away from my grasp. "remember, you unlock the bottom lock first!"

"have a safe flight!" i yell back, sending him a smile, as he walks through the glass doors into the airport. sighing, i trail back to the car, but realising i don't have the keys.

"wait, anya!" i hear from behind me, as shawn comes running out, holding the keys in his hands, along with the house keys. "sorry, i forgot to give them to you."

"that's okay," i laugh, taking them from his grasp, as he cups my cheeks again, pressing his lips to mine for a short, but sweet kiss.

"i love you," he whispers. "and i really mean it this time." a smile breaks out onto my face immediately.

"i love you too, now go catch your flight!" i laugh, as he hugs me again, letting go.

"bye hunny, i love you." he walks back into the airport, this time not forgetting anything, as i smile to myself, shaking my head.

he's an angel.
-
we hit 400k on this book!! i love you all so much, and thank you so much for 400k!!