chapter ninety

chapter ninety
fake
[anya rose steinburg]
-
tiredly, i wake up at about 4am due to time differences and simply being jet lagged. i turn over, seeing shawn bunched up on the other side of the bed, the duvet wrapped around his sleeping body. i stand up from the bed, walking to the bathroom where i start my morning routine, showering and brushing my teeth, before heading back into the main room to change.

shawn still lies fast asleep, still huddled up in the same spot, the duvets cuddling him warm. i venture into my suitcase, taking out some clothes for me to wear today. i quickly change into them, putting my hair in a towel to let it towel dry.

"anya?" shawn mumbles in his morning voice, moving around on the bed.

"hey." i breathe out, standing next to him side of the bed. "i'm gonna order some breakfast, yeah?"

"okay." he yawns. "we're going to rehearsals today, is that okay with you?"

"your first shows day after tomorrow right? tomorrow we're going to auckland?" i question, as he nods at me, standing up from the bed.

"i'm gonna go shower." he says, his voice raspy. "anya, can you order me a matcha tea latte?"

"of course." i smile sadly, as he walks into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. i sigh, walking to the hotel room phone, dialling up room service to order breakfast. "hi, could i get one matcha tea latte, one black coffee, two croissants, and a large fruit salad?" i say into the phone as soon as room service answer.

"that will be 18 dollars, how would you like to pay?" the receptionists perky voice tells me.

"charge it to andrew gertlers bill." i say.

"sure, you're food will be there in about ten minutes." i hang up, putting the hotel room phone back down, sighing softly. suddenly, i hear soft cries from the bathroom, and my heart cracks, quickly rushing towards the door.

"shawn," i say softly, knocking at the white painted wood. "can i come in?"

"y-yeah." he stutters, sniffling. i open up the door, revealing him standing in front of the sink, wiping his tears away, the shower running in the background.

"shawn..." i trail off, walking towards him and cupping his cheeks, wiping his eyes with the pads of my thumbs. "talk to me, what's wrong?" more tears slide down his cheeks, as i quickly wipe them away, shushing him.

"can i just hold you?" he whispers, as i nod, scanning his face with my eyes, concerned, as he sighs, snaking his arms around my waist, leaning his head on my shoulder, as i slip my hands over his upper back, rocking him gently. "i'm so sorry about last night- i'm not losing my feelings to you- i love you so much-" he quickly spits out, crying into my shoulder.

"shawn, i know we're young, but man, i really want to marry you." i say, making him chuckle through his tears. "but like we said the first time we got engaged, let's wait, yeah?"

"you're lucky i didn't propose a month after knowing you." he mumbles against my neck, referring to my grandparents and my parents.

"how did you find that story out?" i say, laughing and lifting his head from my neck.

"your mom, and your grandma." he chuckles. "i still can't believe your parents got married at 18 and had your brother at our age, after a month of knowing each other." i nod, agreeing with him.

"i couldn't believe it when they told me, but i guess when you really do love someone, it can happen." i sigh. "i can't believe this is gonna be one of our last moments together for four months."

"i'll call you everyday, heck i'll write to you everyday." he says, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. "i really need to shower, ill be out in a few minutes okay?"