chapter eighty-two

chapter eighty-two
fake
[anya rose steinburg]
-
yawning, i wake up, nestled into shawns embrace, completely nude, a lazy smile from shawn, directly facing me. i realise he is still asleep, so i
crawl out of his arms, pulling on his white button up he was wearing, and a pair of underwear, brushing my teeth and washing my face, before walking into the kitchenette and grabbing a bottle of water and my phone.

my phone starts to ring loudly, making my current hangover even worse. i groan, answering my phone, and pressing it to my ear.

"hello?" i say hoarsely, squinting my eyes.

"anya! you sound terrible, what happened?" my mom laughs on the other side of the phone.

"oh, mom, hey!" i say, perking up. "we had a press event last night and i drank a little."

"anyway, i'm in the city for business, do you want to meet up for lunch today, honey?" she asks me.

"i would love to! shawns still asleep, so i'll leave him a note or something-"

"nonsense, he can come too! where are you staying? i'll come and meet you there at around 2pm?" i look at the clock on the wall, seeing it is noon already.

"that's great mom, see you then." i say. "i'll text you where i'm staying, it's pretty near my old apartment."

"alright, bye anya." she says to me.

"see you mom." i hang up, sighing, and quickly texting her the hotel name; before putting my phone down, opening up my bottle of water, and taking a long sip of water. i sigh again, walking back into the bedroom, seeing shawn still asleep, clutching onto a pillow, the duvets completely off of his upper body. i smile gently at him, pushing the duvet up over his body, as he shuffles slightly, snuggling closer to the pillow. i look out of the window, seeing a late morning haze enveloped with raindrops, covering the scenery around our hotel.

slowly, i sink down onto the armchair next to the balcony window, leaning my head against it.

"what you thinking about, hunny?" shawn asks, his morning voice hoarse, as i notice him sitting on the arm rest of the chair.

"just stuff." i mumble, pulling my legs to my chest. "get ready baby, we're meeting my mom at 2."

"okay." shawn softly whispers, leaning down, pressing his lips to my forehead. "i suppose you should change too, you're not wearing my shirt out are you?" i chuckle, shrugging.

"maybe, i could tuck it into a pair of jeans and wear a jacket." i decide, laughing lightly.

"last night was fun." he whispers, tracing his fingertips over my shoulder. "you made the night so much more enjoyable."

"i'm pretty sure i caught a cold standing in that rain." i sigh, a smile on my lips, as i look out of the window. "but i'm glad we left that party early."

"i'll see you in a minute." he pecks my lips gently, before wandering off into the bathroom. i stand up, stretching out my arms lightly, before strolling to my suitcase, and taking a pair of denim jeans, and a black rain mac. i slide the jeans over my legs, the raw hem ending just above my ankle.

sitting on the bed, i pull a pair of socks over my feet, and sit back, taking a long breath, not even notice the tears building up in my eyes. i let them fall, sniffling slightly, as i wipe them away, trying to not let shawn hear i'm crying.

"hey anya can you text- oh my god, baby, what's wrong?" he comes running up to me, crouching down in front of me. "hunny, what's wrong?"