chapter sixty-three

before you read this chapter can we just take a moment to appreciate john and shawn THEIR VOICES FUCKING MATCH AND TOGETHER IN A MASHUP HOLY SHIT I WOKE UP SO SHOOK, i'm so glad shawn had an amazing time, and he's literally made it but oh my god my two kings together, like i've loved john for a solid nine years now and shawn for four but this is literally just pure magic

also if you were one of the people having a go at shawn for drinking at the show, he's turning 19 this year, he's an adult so he can have a drink of alcohol. let the man live

-
chapter sixty-three
fake
[anya rose steinburg]
-
3am on a thursday morning in the hospital seems horrible, but when a little baby comes, it all turns into a joyous occasion, where everyone seems happy.

"oh my god he's so little!" i coo, coming into the room, where kelsey is holding a newborn matthew, and peter with a smile on his face seated next to them.

"do you want to hold him, god mother?" peter asks me quietly, as i gape my mouth open, shocked at my new title.

"g-god mother?" i ask quietly, as kelsey nods, biting her lip.

"only if you want to." she says.

"i'd love to! oh my god wow this is insane!" i chuckle, walking forward and seeing his pink newborn face, falling in love with him quickly. "oh my god, you guys," i coo, as kelsey puts matthew into my arms carefully. "he's beautiful."

"we take it you'll be free to babysit, right?" peter jokes, as i roll my eyes, smirking at him.

"hey little guy." i turn my attention back to the baby in my arms. "oh wow, you're so adorable." matthew lets out a little yawn, and nestles his head back into my hands, moving around a little. "woah, shhh, it's okay."

"she's really got a mothers hand, doesn't she?" i hear jasmine say softly.

"she gets it from grandma." peter adds, staring at us in adoration.

matthew lets out a huge cry, beginning to sob in my arms. i frown, rocking him softly and he calms down immediately, going back to sleep.

"he's so precious." i whisper, handing him back to kelsey. "congrats guys."

"thank you." kelsey smiles sadly, holding matthew close to her. "can you like text shawn? he would want to know, you know how excited he was for matt to be born." kelsey asks me, as i look at peter, whilst he nods.

"kels..." i trail off. "i'll call andrew to tell shawn, i need to talk to andrew anyway."

"that's okay i guess, thanks anya." she says softly to me.

"okay, we're gonna go, kelsey you need some sleep." jasmine says, handing matt back to kelsey. "rest up."

"you guys too, you've been here since yesterday morning." jasmine and i laugh softly, looking at each other.

"we'll see you later, yeah?" they both nod as jasmine and i quietly slip out of the room, shutting the door behind us.

"anya i don't understand." jasmine says, as soon as we get into the car.

"what?" i ask confused, starting the car up and pulling out of the parking space to exit the car park.

"why you won't at least talk to shawn and be friends, come on, you two are soulmates, and he said millions of times you were best friends." jasmine bargins.