chapter twenty-four

chapter twenty-four
fake
[shawn peter raul mendes]
-
anya walks up to her door of her apartment, turning around and looking at me.

"you didn't have to walk me up to my door, you know." she says quietly.

"i wanted to." i reassure. "i'm glad you had a good time tonight."

"me too." she says softly. "hey, come in for a bit."

"are you sure?" i ask, looking out of the window at the end of the corridor.

"yeah, i'm sure kelsey might want to talk to you." she bites her lip, looking up at me.

"i'll go and tell my team." i say quietly.

"wait, invite them all up. we do have a lot of alcohol still from the thanksgiving that didn't happen." she laughs lightly.

"i'll be back in a few seconds." i say, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to her forehead, she sighs and blushes, laughing to herself, as i roll my eyes, walking to the elevator, taking me down to where my team are.

"hey guys, anya's invited us up, and i really wanna go, so can we?" i ask, as they all shrug and nod.

"sure, lets go." i lead them all up, knocking on the door, anya opening it and smiling at all of us.
-
"hey shawn, could i talk to you for a sec?" anya asks me, holding my coat.

"um sure." i say, putting my drink down, standing up from the bar stool, and following her into her tidy room, she sits on her bed, reaching into the pocket of the jacket, pulling out the blue tiffany box i was going to give her for christmas.

"what's this?" she asks, holding it out at me. i sigh, reaching forward and grabbing it, opening it up and admiring the band.

"your christmas present." i mumble.

"oh." she states.

"i was going to return it, but i can't bring myself to." i say softly, taking the silver band out. "anya?"

"yeah?" she says, looking at me. i kneel down to her.

"i'm not proposing, don't worry." i laugh softly. "i was going to give you this to show how much i love you."

"shawn..." she trails off.

"i'm not saying you have to fall in love with me back, but keep it, please." i beg. "anya you mean so much to me, and i know i made such a huge mistake, and i know i messed up, but i love you, i'm so in love with you, and it kills me that i can't call you mine anymore."

"thank you, shawn." she whispers, as i slip the ring on her finger.

"i'm sorry you have three months till you actually can quit." i whisper back, my eyes tearing up.

"don't cry shawn." she says quietly to me. "you'll make me cry."

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry." i mumble, wiping my eyes, standing up. "god i screwed up."

"you couldn't help it, i spent time with brooklyn, and you were still annoyed at me about thanksgiving." anya reassures me.

"you aren't fake to me, you're the most real, and amazing person to me." i say quietly. "just please, take me back."

"shawn, don't." she whispers, suddenly. "will you just hold me?"

i sit with her on the bed, wrapping my arms around her, as she leans her head on my chest, sighing.

"thank you." she mumbles.

"it's my pleasure." i whisper softly, as she grasps onto me tighter, and i hold her tighter too.

"hey anya-" kelsey bursts in, but suddenly sees us. "oh, um, sorry, continue please."

"no it's fine." anya says, pulling away from me. "what is it?"

"where's the bottle opener?" she asks.

"the draw under the cooker." she replies, standing up. "we'll be out there in a second."

i stand up, holding onto my jacket, and walking back into the main room. anya taps my shoulder, handing me a bag.

"i got you something else for christmas too, but you know, i wasn't in canada, or with you." she says to me. "it's nothing big, but open it when you're alone, please."

"yeah, i'm gonna go. i'll get a taxi back to the hotel." anya frowns.

"i'll see you when we're going to london." she whispers. "bye shawn."

"see you."
-
sorry for the short update, i'm stressed with school