Bracelet

As I walked through the peaceful
Community I couldn't be happier. It was where I grew up, and it's been a while since I've been here.

A majority of my family lived in this town. My grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. It made family occasions easy and fun when I was a kid.

That was until I moved when I was 15. My dad got a job promotion, so my parents, siblings and I were off to New York, leaving everything else behind.

I decide to come back to revisit my family and childhood. It was so calm here compared to New York. Plus everyone knew each other and it was a lot friendlier in general.

Since it had been so long since I've been here I decided to take a walk. I relived a memory at each place I went by, most involving my best friend.

Well he was my best friend, until I moved away. I haven't seen or talked to him in 6 years. I remember this one time when-

"Shit," I cursed as I bumped into someone while walking down the sidewalk.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going," I said quickly because I felt bad.

"It's fine. I'm Con- oh my bracelet!" He said as he bent down to pick up a bracelet.

When I saw the bracelet he was picking up I froze. No, it couldn't be.

*flashback*

"Y-you're really moving?" Connor asked as he stared at me with sad eyes.

I nodded and he sunk back as if he was hoping this was just a joke. "My flight to New York is tomorrow."

"But that's so far away!" He looked like he was going to break down any second so I pulled him into a hug.

"I-it's just that we've done everything together. You've always been there for me and I can't imagine what life will be like without you." He said but it was muffled by my shoulder.

"It'll be okay. We will keep in touch," I tried to reassure him, but both him and I were uncertain. Even though we were best friends, we knew how hard it is to keep contact in a situation like this.

He looked so sad, and I wanted to do anything to make him happier.

"Here take this," I said as I handed him a bracelet. "I made it so that you'll always have it to remember me by. Also look, I have a matching one."

He smiled as he put on the bracelet. "Thank you Troye," he said giving me another hug.

That bracelet, the one I made 8 years ago, was the bracelet that this boy just dropped and was now sliding back onto his wrist.

As he turned towards me I stared at him with an open mouth. It was Connor!

"I like your bracelet," I said to him as he stared down at it.

"Yeah. My best friend made it before he moved. I really miss him. He was so fun to be around." He said playing with the different beads on the bracelet.

"Yeah like how he would say funny things or do funny dances just to make you laugh" I said and watched as his face turned into confusion.

"How do you-" he asked as he finally looked up and took a good look at me. He did a double take and his eyes went wide and his hand covered his mouth.

"Troye?" He asked as he stared at me bewildered.

"It's me Con bon," I said and called him by his nickname that only I was allowed to use.

He didn't waste another second and ran into my arms. "What are you doing here?" He asked still in my arms.

"I missed the town and I wanted to visit the family. I didn't expect to run into you." I said and smiled at him.

"Neither did I, but I'm glad I did," he said grinning back at me.

"I can't believe you still wear the bracelet," I smiled softly at the bracelet on his wrist.

"Well I wasn't kidding when I said I missed you," he said with a pink tint to his cheeks.

"Well come on. We have a lot to catch up on" I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him in the direction of the park we used to always go to.